We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

Jerzee
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

Decided on 7 stars super excited, 1 Bedroom Oceanfront

1st time in Provo...Any Tips?

How long drive from airport to 7 stars?

What's the best mode of transportation from airport? are there taxis and what is the cost?

Closeby good places to eat?

Liquor Store nearby?

Do they have Budweiser my hubby needs to know LOL

Thank you

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

A great source of information for dining, sight seeing etc is-

www.wherewhenhow.com

I'm sure they have Bud on the island.....but it will be expensive! Have hubby try the local beer, Turks Head.

Have you booked yet? If not give Val a call at www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc They are an on island reservation company that most of us on the forum use when booking.

You're a very short walk to the IGA Gourmet where you can purchase food and booze.

Enjoy SS....great choice and I know you'll be happy that you didn't pick an AI!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

I just realized I didn't answer your transportation question! Taxis are expensive on the island as they charge per person. You can rent a car for the day for the same price as a cab. A cab to SS will be around $40.00 but don't quote me on that!!

We really like Grace Bay Car Rentals. Great service, great people! They'll meet you at the airport and then pick up your car at SS when your finished renting. I would recommend renting at least for a couple of day so that you can explore the island and different beaches.

If you choose to use a taxi, I highly recommend Majestic taxi. They are delightful married couple who offer great service with a smile!

Edited: 29 March 2014, 22:37
new york city
Level Contributor
157 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

Paging Ziggys seven stars survival guide

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,503 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

If staying at SS, one must check out our resident foodie's survival guide.

http://eatingwithziggy.com/tag/seven-stars/

new york city
Level Contributor
157 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

Thank you relayer

Jerzee
Level Contributor
336 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

Thank you for the great information (Ziggy), still some more questions

In regards to proximity to beach, which rooms are closer ie better view Jr Suite Oceanfront or 1 Bedroom Suite Oceanfront? Is there a particular building or room you would suggest?

How far is the ride from the airport to Seven Seas?

How large are the balconys? View is #1 Important!

Thank you.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,845 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

Any of the higher rooms in any if the buildings is fine. In the guide you can see a view from the 6th floor of one of the side buildings. That's a jr suite oceanfront. And below you have an oceanview view. Oceanview just means middle building. the proximity to the beach is about the same from all 3. Balconies are large enough, no worries. On at least one day get breakfast from Caicos bakery, steal some gems and butter from SS and enjoy it on th balcony

Contact Yngrit Reynoso at SS for the best price. Le me know if you want her email. You can call her

The ride to Seven Seas is about 6 1/2 days. I don't recommend it in the summer months.

The ride to Seven Stars is 20 mins

Don't discount Maca's great advice

Enjoy!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

That "King of Beers" Budweiser is imported from a country I(we) reside in and will cost about $70-$75 for a 24 individual serving/case from the IGA Gourmet store near the Seven Stars. I don't partake in adult beverages anymore, but I believe a serving of beer via can/bottle(12 oz.) is about $6-7 @ most resort bars. Somewhere @ Coral Gardens has daily special/Happy hours with an upper(2nd floor) deck over looking Gracie's beach & waters. Nice for viewing sunsets also. DR. JIM

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

Seven Stars recently opened a small convenience store onsite that your hubby can purchase his adult beverages. Prices will be comparable or possibly lower than the Gourmet store a half a block from the entrance of the resort.

I have been known to enjoy a beer or two, so I would recommend that you bring a soft cooler with you on your trip. You can take your own beer or wine onto the beach, but not around the pool area, etc.

Although everything is frightfully expensive on the island, purchasing wine/beer/liquor and taking it to your room will save some you some $$s

Chesapeake, Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Seven Stars.....1st Timer...Lots of Questions HELP

The taxi from the airport (PLS) to Seven Stars is 6 miles and is $16.50 per person each way. W single rider pays DOUBLE. The rates are based on how many zones you travel through and are set by the government, NOT by the cabbies.