We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

when is cheapest time of year to come to island

syr. ny
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
when is cheapest time of year to come to island

hi when is the cheaper time to come to the island as hotels and flights ? I am flexible

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

We always come in May - right after spring break but before kids get out of school. We just booked the Windsong at 49% off. I travel for a living and I have to tell you, flights are expensive everywhere right now!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

May thru mid December

Still an expensive island. Air averages $500-$650 (although if you see a $400 sale snatch it doesn't last long and hard to come by)

Hotels range $130-$1000 nightly

Food always expensive

Outer island cost less, for example Grand Turk and Salt Cay, but you're missing out on Grace Bay

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

Cheapest, especially for staying on the Island is absolutely September-October. Slow times means some tourist places/activities close for a few weeks, again especially restaurants/excursions. Less incoming tourists means leaner times for some Island businesses. DR. JIM

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

Looks like there are still some $447-$500 April flights, not many.

You can certainly plot a curve on AVERAGE prices that follows the seasons, but isolated bargains turn up without rhyme or reason. I've paid high $200s all the way through $450, usually around $360, in-season, but you have to look ahead and plan around the pricing.

One of the amazing things I occasionally find is that a one stop through a carrier's hub is cheaper than a direct from the same hub! If the remote location is convent (it is sometimes MORE convenient!), I may take it.

All this requires more ... involvement ... than many are willing to invest. Like all hunts for bargains involving the supposedly "non-bargaining" Turks & Caicos. I have always enjoyed the search for value so for me it's no effort.

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

Salt Cay cheaper than Provo? I don't think so. Grand Turk for sure, but no way on SC!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

Accommodations are much cheaper on Salt Cay than provo!

syr. ny
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

how far is salt cay from grace bay and all the resturants and tiki bars

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

It's a $200 flight away!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

Majority of tiki bars require transportation. Taxi expensive, so rental car better.

Better than going in circles like this, tell us what kind of budget you have, then we can better help you.

How many people?

What time of year?

How many nights?

Then we can fund you ways within your budget

syr. ny
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: when is cheapest time of year to come to island

it would be myself and my husband we got married in grand turk last yr while our cruise ship stopped there ...didn't have much time b4 we had to get back on the ship and we thought the island was beautifu and want to go back for our anniversary ...want to go end of may but we can be flexible we will rent a car cause we want to see the island...but would like something peaceful but we also like to go listen to bands and have exotic drinks...we are trying to get away with as cheap as possible if that helps ...ive read to bring food in a cooler and snacks and we can do that would like a place on the ocean w/a kitchen ..thank you for all your help