We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report part 2

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report part 2

On Sunday we got up and walked to Grace Bay Car Rentals (7-10 minute walk?) to pick up a car that we rented for a couple of days. The reports are true….customer service was outstanding. They even gave us a beach tote and directions to various sites to visit. This came in really handy as some of the places like Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay are not as easy to find as you might think. My husband adjusted to the driving pretty quickly with the steering wheel on the right hand side. Lots of round abouts to navigate and there are stop signs on the highway, that apparently are "optional". LOL. Seriously…no one but the tourists stopped at them. We drove to the IGA Graceway to pick up some groceries (there's also one closer to The Sands within walking distance, but this one was bigger and since we had a car we decided to go there.) Picked up breakfast/lunch food and snacks for the week….groceries are very expensive….but still cheaper than eating out all the time.

After groceries, we decided to go to Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay. They truly are hidden, so you have to know where you are going. Amazing beaches, each in their own ways. There are only shrubs for shade, but we actually spent most of our time in the water. At Taylor Bay we could walk out 1/4 mile? and still only be up to our hips. Incredibly clear, warm water. So beautiful. The sand we were walking in was truly like powder.

There was a boat trying to net something closer to the beach homes that we watched for awhile and when they left, my husband and I decided to walk in the water closer to that area to see what they were after. We saw hundreds of really fast small (6-7 inches) silver fish darting around in the water at our feet. Not sure if that was what they were after or not. The really strange thing was that the closer we got to that shore where the houses are, as we walked through the water, our legs started itching and tingling more and more. From our knees down our legs got really itchy! Both my husband and I felt it at the same time so we decided to head back toward the middle of the beach where our kids were. The further away we got from that area, the less our legs would itch until finally they stopped itching altogether. It was quite strange. We jokingly thought the residents there put something in the water to keep people away. But in asking someone later, they said it could have been sea lice. I don't know…it was just in that one area…but I suppose it could be. Didn’t have that experience anywhere else and it didn't detract from our wonderful time at Taylor Bay, but very odd.

A short time later, we made the trek back to our car and drove to Sapodilla Bay. Another beautiful beach…this one a little more populated and there were boats moored a little ways out from the beach. We decided to just take a few pictures and not stay as we had all had enough sun for our first full day. Besides, we had more exploring to do! We headed back to get cleaned up and drove back to Chalk Sound and ate at Las Brisas overlooking Chalk Sound. It was a beautiful evening and we sat on the deck overlooking the water. The food was really good as was the service.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report part 2

Sounds like you had a wonderful family vacation!

Can't wait to read about the rest of your stay on Provo!

Thanks for sharing!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report part 2

That's the #1 advantage of renting a vehicle--to see/explore the Island. Going to the South(Carribbean Sea) side of Provo is very different than the Atlantic Ocean(barrier reef) side. Looking forward to part #3. DR. JIM

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
243 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report part 2

LOVE Las Brisas! Thanks for the great reports!

Virginia
Level Contributor
556 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report part 2

Loved your description of Taylor Bay. I could spend days and days floating in the water there, so incredibly beautiful. Glad you were able to visit Las Brisas, another of our favorite places. Thanks for sharing your trip, makes me wish I was there right now.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,367 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report part 2

Enjoyed Part 1 and 2 of your trip report! Any photos to share? Looking forward to Part 3.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
31 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report part 2

Planning to post a link for pictures as your reward for sticking with me through the long posts! LOL

Tampa
Level Contributor
242 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report part 2

I love reading your trip reports! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report part 2

It's nice to get photo rewards as a treat once in a while here on the forum. It does bring out the smiles from this guy. DR. JIM

9. Re: Trip report part 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 April 2015, 05:16