We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
91 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

My husband and I came to T&C in January 2013 for our 35th anniversary. We loved it so much we want to go back. Our goal this time is to not spend as much money. We've read that fall can be a great time to go, but heard some restaurants, etc. might be closed. Has anyone gone September to November? The first time we stayed at seven stars, but again, this time we want to scale down. Thoughts?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

We have been to Provo in October, November and December.

By mid October all restaurants should be reopened and up and running.

My personal favorite is October as the ocean is warmer then than the other months we have been. Plus, the beach is so quiet that you feel like you have it all to yourself.

September/ October is still hurricane season, so you do have that risk to consider.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

We go in the fall every year. Many restaurants and resorts are closed in September into October and slowly start to reopen mid October. We've never gone hungry and enjoyed the peacefulness and very warm weather.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

"We go in the fall every year."

I think it sounds great from what people say and I'd love to go to TCI then. But Connecticut & New England are just magical. From Labor Day through early November I'm backpacking whenever I can.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

Well the biggest thing you are going to get @ the lowest $$$ is your room and location on the Island. Fall is when the bottom gets pretty soft(meaning deals galore). Air fare rates will be what 95%+ of what most people do, by touching a computer keyboard, screen,voice command,etc. Call airlines direct and ask for any specials, promo codes, flex dates, etc. Car rentals should probably be abundant and you may be able to get a lower weekly rate or an upgrade. Going in the Fall means less tourists to contend with and Gracie still has warm feelings to most swimmers(March,she gets her winter chill). Yep, Fall will not cost as much as when you went last January. You got time to target those lower $$$ deals. Enjoy your 35th Coral anniversary on Provo. DR. JIM

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

we find Sept is one of the best times of year...water gets a bit cold for us after that

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,464 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

We have gone over Labor Day week and thought it was a bit too warm for our tastes.

Fall is nice and we have enjoyed Thanksgiving on island many times. Weather might be a bit iffy...but a nice time.

Mike

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

We have gone Oct - Dec and have to say October was my favorite between those months! We went toward the end of October and most of the restaurants were back open. The island is warm, quiet and peaceful during that time. If I am remembering correctly, last year there was a food and wine tour the last weekend of Oct. with about five restaurants participating.

Also, visiting in Oct. won't break the bank as hard :-) Lots of nice deals to be had at many of the resorts.

Madison, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
489 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

We have been enjoying Grand Turk almost every October since discovering the island in 1998. The ocean is warm and the weather is much more dependable and calmer than in the winter. (usually less rain, and less wind in the fall unless you are unfortunate to be there during a very rare hurricane.) In fact, about the only year we missed going in the fall, was in 2008 when hurricane Ike hit the island on Sept 6th, 2008 and the island was closed to tourism. As luck would have it, we were supposed to be married on the beach in GT Oct 1, 2008. Luckily, although the island was devastated, no one to my knowledge was seriously hurt. We went and got married in Fiji instead, then celebrated our first anniversary at the Sand Bar with all our friends in Grand Turk the next year.

In short....GO to the Turks and Caicos ANYTIME, but our favorite season there is October.

Happy travels.

Danvers...
Level Contributor
828 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

We went over thanksgiving a few years back for 10 days and had a lot of rain and wind. We have been in march and April as well and the weather was better then.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is fall a good time to vacation in Turks and Caicos?

End of October is a great time to travel with less crowds and everything open to try. If you're looking for some great low cost places close to Seven Stars, try Villa Del Mar (just off the beachfront behind Grace Bay Club), Ocean Club West or Villa Renaissance.