We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to do in Providenciales

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Things to do in Providenciales

There are 28 great suggestions ranked in order of popularity, or at least the star rating system, on TA. Is there a source to check out the current prices for these attractions? I do understand that the beaches are free but there are some others that look great.

Flights are booked, Great looking villa is booked, planning begins. Had the offer from our villa host to contact her and ask any questions and get advise on what to do also. We will surely be taking advantage of that great offer also. Am I aloud to say the name of the villa on here?

I don't want to tell everyone the "Barefoot Palms" owner is awesome and get in trouble for it. She has done a lot already to assist us in our trip.

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,862 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

Buying a condo there should be no. 1.

Mike

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

I agree Mike, or land in my case. But that is not in the budget for this trip.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

I'm embarrassed to say I've never seen of 28 things to do, but I've probably done them anyway!

My list of things to do:

Try different sections of Grace Bay Beach--it changes personalities and is all great! Between Coral Gardens and Turtle Cove is great off the beach snorkeling. From Sands Resort to Alexandra is a terrific stretch that always seems calmer and clearer. Leeward area walk to Pelican Beach and find giant white conch shells.

Explore other beaches: Sapadilla Bay, Taylor Bay, Long Bay. Long Bay watch the kiteboarders (or try it!) Sapadilla and Taylor are shallow for hundreds of yards and low tide forms little sand bars.

Go to Bugaloo's on a Sunday around 3, live bands, chairs in the water, popular

Go to Fish Fry on thursday night--local food live bands, on the beach

do a half day or full day excursion with Island Vibes. Cool catamaran, diving board on roof. Stop to snorkel outer reef, dive for conch, stop at stunning Half Moon Bay, reached only by boat ($89 pp adults, $49 p kid)

Provo Ponies to ride on the beach (Usually Long Bay)

Stop at Potcake Place at Saltmills. These are stray puppies given out for adoption to forever homes, usually in the States. You can take one to the beach in morning for a walk. Warning, you'll get lots of attention

Meals: breakfast 1 morning at Bay bistro, or bakery at Caicos Bakery. Lunch, fish tacos at Hemingways, Da Conch Shack. Dinners: Coco Bistro (expensive but awesome), Bay Bistro, ribs night $14 at Tiki Hut Wednesday nights, Mango Reef (get table IN the sand)

Live music some nights, Hemingways, Bugaloos (Sundays)

Day trips: North/Middle Caicos $50 pp rt ferry, $80 car. Drive to Middle, stop at stunning Mudjin Harbour. There are caves with bats here too. You can eat there. Way back stop at Barracuda's for a local drink at Pelican Resort.

Do not miss Chalk Sound: you can see it from the road and from Las Brisas restaurant. You will never see neon turquoise like this anywhere

Spa treatments at Regent Palms, the setting is so pretty the picture has been on many magazine covers

October usually brings out Sports Illustrated and Victoria's Secret model shoots. Just thought I'd warn you

There's plenty more, but once you lay eyes on Grace Bay water, you get hyponotized and forget everything!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

and more:

If Bay Bistro has their Full Moon pig roast on the beach with bonfire, go

If full moon, (or just a sunset cruise) try Atabyra and see glow worms

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,603 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

I have dealt with the owner of Barefoot Palms as well, she's awesome and quite knowledgeable in regards to the island and places of interest.

maryland
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

"Barefoot Palms" you are in for a treat!!! Beautiful!!! Agree with Keater, and they go out of their way to be sure their guests are happy!! Cant wait to go back.

Edited: 26 April 2014, 02:34
maryland
Level Contributor
5,080 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

I forgot to mention the tiki bar! All I can say is wow!!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

TewksML.....you've stayed there? I thought you visited / owned at OCW????

/

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

WOW Blamona...I think that covers our whole trip and most of our next one. Thank you so much.

I appreciate the reviews on BF Palms as well, fills me with confidence.

Damn.....Is it October yet???

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Things to do in Providenciales

Maca, there have been get togethers at the tiki bar