We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picking up friends at PLS...how?

Shelbyville, Indiana
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Picking up friends at PLS...how?

We arrive on a Friday but need to return to the airport on Saturday to pickup friends. Haven't been for two years so I have no idea what the airport is like now. Should we just park and meet them as they come out the door? I can't be certain they'll have cell service at the airport.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,471 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picking up friends at PLS...how?

Park the car up the hill, then meet them at the end of the tunnel (bottom of the hill)

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picking up friends at PLS...how?

I think that is what I would do too. The old parking lot is now where the departure area is (or will be) and they built parking past the airport building. Just follow the signs. You have to pay to park, $2 an hour.

Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Picking up friends at PLS...how?

We did this in February(Like Blamona said). Just factor in your friends flight arrival time and their wait to get through customs, especially if there are multiple flights arriving at the same time. Bring some water for yourself, it gets hot!

Shelbyville, Indiana
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Picking up friends at PLS...how?

Thanks everyone. I can't wait to see their reaction when they first lay eyes on Grace Bay!

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,676 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Picking up friends at PLS...how?

Take them to see Bight Reef @ Coral Gardens. Get an an adult tropical beverage @ Somewhere and view Gracie from the upper 2nd level. DR. JIM

Mentioned in this post
Bight Reef
Bight Reef
1,289 Reviews
Providenciales
Shelbyville, Indiana
Level Contributor
235 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picking up friends at PLS...how?

Dr JIM ....Somewhere is on the list for the week as is Coral Gardens for an early morning snorkel. They're all taking me to Bay Bistro for Mother's Day dinner. Their first glimpse of Grace Bay will be at OCE with a cold beverage from the Cabana Bar in hand.

Mentioned in this post
Bay Bistro
Bay Bistro
2,586 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
7. Re: Picking up friends at PLS...how?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 April 2015, 06:15