We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fishing

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
fishing

A friend is looking for some ideas for taking his 10 year old out fishing. Nothing fancy, just for fun, catch and release and just for a couple of hours. I have suggested tracking down "marvelous" max, but anyone have any other suggestions.

I thought this would require a fishing licence, is this the case?

Providenciales
Level Contributor
248 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: fishing

No fishing licence required if under 16 or over 65. However, your friend will need one.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fishing

Thanks. Any ideas on someone to take them out?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fishing

If they take them out, it's costly.

Assume $695 for half day for 2-3 persons (catch and release)

The only other cheaper way is ferry to North ($50 pp) have Howard of Last Chance take you out on a small boat to the flats (bone fishing) for about $200

When they get the fishing permit (mandatory for adults) they will explain where you're allowed to fish. Keep in mind majority of Provo are National parks so pickings are slim

maryland
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fishing

Thanks guys I will let my friend know.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
181 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fishing

darin bain took my son and i out for his half day rate (i believe was $500 or a little more) for snapper and bonefish... my son had a ball. we caught many, many fish and darin was as patient as could be...

google his name for contact info

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,891 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: fishing

Silver Deep does bottom fishing which is great for kids. Lots of action and comfortable boats.

7. Re: fishing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2015, 06:16