We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can't Decide Where to Stay!

Oklahoma City...
7 posts
Save Topic
Can't Decide Where to Stay!

Hi, we are a family of 3 going going to Turks and Caicos for our first time. We are having a hard time deciding where to stay. At first, it looked like we got a pretty decent rate at the Regent Grand in a Studio Pool View. Then, we heard that the Regent Palms may be a bit more suited to us, with a Junior Suite. It was a little pricier, but not too much more. The nicest factor is the Junior Suite at the Regent Palms is much bigger. I have been looking around, and for a couple hundred dollars more, we could splurge and stay at Grace Bay Club in a Villa Junior Suite, complete with a terrace and ocean view. The wife and I are in our upper twenties and our baby will be 1. We do like a little bit of service by the pool and ocean, but nothing overly-pretentious. Should we stick with the smaller room at a great value at the Regent Grand? Or would we be better off spending a little more for a bigger room and a little extra service?

Thanks!

Oklahoma City...
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

Also, I know all of the above are on Grace Bay, which we are very excited about. But the beach is very important to us, so are any of three located on a better stretch of Grace Bay or are they all comparable?

new york city
Level Contributor
157 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

kind of shocked the price for grace bay club would be that comparable, but, to be honest, there is no comparison between gbc and the other two, while all three are fabulous and you will not have a bad time at any, gbc is def. a step up from the other two.

every time i price it, it is 4-5x higher for us, family of 4.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

You might want to look into Seven Stars.. which is centrally located -3 restaurants on site one right on the water-can walk to restaurants and shopping and grocery store...and has amazing views and heated saline pool. Big breakfast included. If not Seven Stars I would stay at Grace Bay Club which is 2 hotels down from Seven Stars. Call Yngrit (reservations manager directly at Seven Stars and tell her what you are looking for - I bet you can get an amazing suite with a kitchen .Regent Grand does not have a restaurant on site, Regent Palms would be my 3rd choice.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

try the Alexandra nice rooms restaurant on site beautiful beach right in front

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

In your particular situation, I would rule out Regent Grand. It is not a full service resort and with a young child selecting a full service resort may be the best option for you.

Grace Bay Club, Seven Stars and Regent Palms are all fine full service luxury class resorts. Grace Bay Club and Seven Stars have superior central locations and both are within walking distance to a relative new (Whole Foods caliber) grocery store. It is very pricey, but nice.

Grace Bay Club tends to draw an older group of guests. Regent Palms and Seven Stars have a better mix of guests between the ages of mid-twenties to mid-fifties.

Everything on the island is pricy due to three key factors: (1) nearly everything has to be imported; (2) Providenciales does not have a deep water port (thus everything delivered to the island by vessel has to arrive on barges versus large cargo vessels); and (3) nearly all barges return to their port of origin empty, because hardly anything is exported from Providenciales (which nearly doubles the shipping cost).

With that said, plan on spending a lot of $$ while on the island, but when you see the sheer beauty of Grace Bay beach you will soon learn that whatever you spend on your trip is well worth every penny. Grace Bay beach is breath taking gorgeous!

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
991 posts
725 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

The more we travel to beach resorts the more we like having a washer/dryer in the unit. This saves on luggage too. Ocean Club West is great for families too.

Oklahoma City...
7 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

Thanks everyone for the responses. For right now (we can change our reservation in the future), we have decided to go with Grace Bay Club. Just seems like it offers everything we will be looking for! Thanks

8. Re: Can't Decide Where to Stay!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 May 2015, 05:16