We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pictures & our new likes

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,679 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Pictures & our new likes

Sadly good things must come to an end. Had a very nice relaxing vacation. Now back to life as I know it. UGH !!!

Places we stayed:

Stayed at the Alexandra for 8 nights and the Inn @ Grace Bay aka BWWS for two nights. Have a 2 bedroom timeshare at the Alex, and was very nice to be graciously welcomed back, seems like family.. with some new faces around the Mango Reef restaurant.

I was very impressed with the Inn at Grace Bay... check it out if you need a few extra nights, or an affordable place to stay. Not right on the beach, but a very short walk. It's located next to the new LeVele Plaza which only has Shay's Café as occupants at the moment, and walking distance to Regent Plaza, and Salt Mills Plaza. Very large one bedroom condo units. Comfortable king size beds, full kitchen, washer/dryer clean, clean, clean, almost afraid to mention this place the prices are so reasonable. www.innatgracebay.com

New finds:

Shay's café is a must stop, and my new find. Great prices for breakfast, and lunch. The Gelato is to die for, especially the pineapple YUM !!.. and great prices too. Very reasonable.

There is a couple also selling Gelato along Grace Bay, which is a nice touch, a bit expensive, but you get a lot. They have a shop at Azul plaza, but walk the beach every day with a cooler on wheels.

Didn't try any new restaurants, same old, same old...sorry Ziggy..I'm not a foodie. Did go to see Sally Greenwood at Opus restaurant @ Ocean Club East on Thursday Night...very nice mellow voice, we had a nice meal ...with a great setting, and very nice sound.

I have always had coffee at the Green Bean Café at Turtle Cove marina, never lunch. This is going to be my new stop for Breakfast, or Lunch on the day I depart from now on. Loved it

Went to Bugaloo's for the first time. Great place to hang out for the afternoon, good food..had the coconut cracked conch, very good, and the drinks...ok they were good too.:-).

Helicopter tour:

What can I say.... this was awesome, a must do.. if only once. I posted some of the pictures

Caicos Dream Tours

Took a private tour, and a group tour. The private tour was so incredible. We went on the other side of the island to see the ship wreck, and the water was like glass, so much so that the ship looked like it was floating in air as the sky mirrored into the ocean. It was almost creepy looking at first...but so cool. The kids, and kids at heart had so much fun sliding off the slide at the end of the boat we stayed at the ship wreck for a while.

Then we went off to Ft George which is so beautiful.

Pictures

www.tci2014pics.shutterfly.com

There are Pictures, or Video...both the same pictures Your choice how to view..Enjoy

Edited: 01 May 2014, 14:36
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,369 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Welcome home, Camke! Even after only two years, the Alex feels like home to us as well. It's nice to be remembered and it's nice to start to recognize some of the same faces. We are big fans of Green Bean Cafe, and it's our last stop before heading for home too. Their iced coffee is awesome.

Thanks for the heads up on your new finds. Will give Shay's Cafe a try, and the Inn at GB sounds like a great place to look at for a possible sisters and cousins trip for January.

Great pics and report - thanks so much for sharing!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,049 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pictures & our new likes

I just love your pictures! Never get enough. Would have loved going on helicopter ride, how cool.

Kyle was at Bugaloos too, he got to go, I stayed back. We really need to do a photo safari soon!

K is growing up!

Pryor, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
517 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Loved the pictures!! I'm so glad to read the positive review of the Inn at Grace Bay. We will be staying there in late October. The prices are great, but I haven't stayed there yet and was not real sure what to expect. Thanks for posting.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,362 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Now that's a fun 10 days! We enjoy Bugaloo's for lunch. The heli pics were great! Shot #30 would make the perfect advertisement for Alexandra.

Edited: 01 May 2014, 15:27
London,Ont...
Level Contributor
550 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Great shots, love the aerial stuff.

Sounds like you had a good time again, as per usual.

Can't wait to get back there. Couple months to go for us.

Hope you left the heater on to warm Grace Bay to Jacuzzi temps.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,504 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Glad to hear you were able to stay for 10 nights - but it still went by too fast didn't it?

Thanks for trying new places I hadn't heard of before - Inn at Grace Bay and Shays Cafe. The rooms look nice there and rates look great.

Nice that you went twice with Caicos Dream Tour! I love it when the South side is flat calm.

The Helicopter Tour sounds awesome! Do they have a set plan for where they fly over or can you request to fly over some other areas? That is definitely on my list of new things to do!!

As always, I love your pictures - thanks for sharing! I agree with relayer - you should send shot #30 to Alexandra - they would love it :-).

maryland
Level Contributor
4,640 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Wow, great pictures and you weren't lying about the pilot:):)

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,068 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Nice pictures Camke....especially those from the sky.

Mike

Cedar Grove, New...
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pictures & our new likes

Your pictures are great! 10 days to go, CAN'T WAIT!

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,136 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pictures & our new likes

I enjoyed your pictures. Thank you for sharing.