We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Syracuse
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Hello! I've always wanted to go to T&C and we would like to go with an 8 year old next spring but NOT stay at Beaches. I notice many places have kitchenettes but was wondering if there are grocery stores close by? We would like to be directly on the beach.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

So many places to choose from! The whole island offers so many choices! I would recommend contacting www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc. They are an on island reservation company that many of us use to book our vacations!

Without knowing your budget it's hard to make recommendations.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,112 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Best with kids,

Ocean club west

Sands resort

Seven Stars

Regent Palms

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,992 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Many great options for families.

Moderate price tag-

The Sands

Ocean Clubs

Royal West Indies

Alexandra

Villa Del Mar

Upscale-

Somerset

Regent Palms

Seven Stars

Grace Bay Club

Self-catering

Villa Renaissance

Regent Grand

Tuscany

Venetian

Le Vele

So...many options to choose from other than Beaches resort.

Mike

Ottawa
Level Contributor
703 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Seven Stars & OCW & Villa del Mar are within walking distance to a grocery store. And The Sands is a great family friendly condo type resort.

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

I would suggest "Ocean Club". They have two locations. Both locations are on the beach. One of their locations is within easy walking distance of several restaurants / bars / shops and a very nice IGA supermarket. Both locations offer units with kitchens. Both locations have outside gas grills for guest use. These resorts are kid friendly. One resort has a short "lazy river". We have stayed at both locations (with our two girls ages 5 & 8) and had a great vacation both times. In fact we are scheduled to return this June. Price wise I think Ocean Club is an affordable alternative to some of the more "upscale" (and pricier) options.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

The great thing about resorts on Grace Bay is there are many nice resorts for both the budget conscious and those wanting more upscale accommodations.

I agree with both blamona and tcimike on the resorts they have identified.

The resorts mentioned by tcimike that have the best central locations and are the closest waling distance to the Gourmet grocery star are the following (in order of closeness):

• Seven Stars

• Villa Del Mar

Regent Grand

Ocean Club West

Grace Bay Club

Syracuse
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Thanks I will check them out! I don't want to say sky is the is the limit but I want to be somewhat reasonable!

Syracuse
Level Contributor
44 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Thanks so much I will definitely check these out!

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

You are very wise to consider resorts on Grace Bay, other than Beaches.

Beaches is an all-inclusive resort which appeals to those that enjoy an all you can eat/drink vacation for a fixed price. Also, for those that enjoy Sesame Street characters for their children it has appeal.

However, Beaches does have some cons, which in my opinion, outweigh the pros.

Beaches is one of oldest resorts on Provo. It does have some newer sections, but the main resort was built in the early/mid 1980s. The older sections of Beaches have not aged particularly well and are very tired. To some this does not matter, but when simple things like A/C do not work, it can ruin a vacation.

Also, Beaches is located in one of the worst sections on Grace Bay. Its beach is extremely narrow and the sun bathers are packed together like sardines (lounge chairs on the beach are lined up inches apart and can be a couple rows or more which can obstruct your view of beautiful Grace Bay).

Grace Bay is so unique and stunning beautiful. There are many other resorts on Provo to consider for a vacation which will be both special and memorable.

New York Mills, New...
4 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Hotel for families - that is not Beaches!

Ocean Club West is great for famiilies. Great beach and restaurant. Walking distance to many great places.