We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental / Exploring

St. Petersburg...
Level Contributor
193 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Car Rental / Exploring

A mere 48 hours from take-off on our trip to Turks & Caicos!!

We're staying at Beaches but aren't normally all-inclusive fans. It's mostly because of the great access to food that will meet allergy requirements. That was always a challenge on previous Caribbean trips and the resort has a phenomenal program.

Anyway!

We still want to get out of the resort and explore the island so I'm looking for car rental tips. It looks like driving is pretty straight-forward. We've navigated Anguilla and even Barbados with ease, so I'm primarily looking for car rental agency recommendations. Since we've got a shuttle to the resort, and likely will only explore for a day or two of the trip, I'm wondering if any of them have particularly good shuttle pick-up-drop-off programs?

Or would we be best off just hopping a Beaches shuttle to the airport for the car, leaving it back at the airport, and shuttling back to the resort with Beaches?

I'm guessing someone at Beaches can help with this but I'm sure it'd be cheaper if we booked it ahead!

Can't wait for our trip! Excited to see how Turks compares to Anguilla, Barbados is a whole different world with the hustle/bustle.

Thanks!

Matt

new york
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Car Rental / Exploring

Grace Bay Car Rentals will bring the car to you at Beaches and pick it up for no extra charge! Weve used them every time.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Car Rental / Exploring

A rental car for a 24 hour period from GBCR is probably going to be your highlight of seeing/exploring the Island. A good value for the $60 rental fee, considering they bring the vehicle and pick it up, saving you the time & effort to take a taxi($30) to & from their location. DR. JIM

San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Car Rental / Exploring

Dr Jim is right... This will be our 4 th trip to beaches...they dont have shuttles but hire drivers that get paid to go back and forth to airport.. So you would have to pay for your trip and it is expensive... Even if you want to leave later the day of departure than your assigned shuttle you have to pay for it. Also our experience is the taxis charge you per person not just destination. Also just throwing it out there because we ran into this beaches does not have an ATM on site and the closest ATM is a little bit way by foot so bring some cash if anticipate using it. We want to venture out one day when we are there and balogna on this site recommended paradise scooters... After researching it we absolutely plan on doing this! Have fun at beaches my kids love it there and we love grace bay! 21 days and counting!

4. Re: Car Rental / Exploring

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16