We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

Bristol, Connecticut
5 posts
Save Topic
Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

Is almost double the price for the Italian Village worth it with our 2 boys 6 and 7? I know I want walk-out....so it's Italian Viallage vs Carribean I beleive. French seems far from beach and Key West, I heard was quiet......

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Level Contributor
24 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

We have always stayed in the CV and loved it. Our friends have always stayed in the IV and loved it. We stayed in the one bedroom suites closest to the beach. The bedroom was large and the kids slept in the living room ; one on each part of the trundle bed. The children had a tv and x box to use while mom and dad got dressed up for dinner. The CV area was quiet in the evenings as most of the "action" goes on around the IV after dinner. The balcony for the one bedroom suite was large so we often brought dessert back and lounged listening to the waves after the boys fell asleep. One disadvantage of the CV for your young boys might be that the two nearby pools are deepish and would not allow as much independence for boys of 2 and 6. The pool at the Italian village has a zero entry area and many more young children than the two pools in the CV. On the flip side there is more garden area for your boys to run around in the CV as well as the basketball court just outside your door. The IV is much newer and fancier with much nicer furniture and fixtures. The CV has nicer gardens and access to the beach. You can't really go to wrong. I hope that you will enjoy your stay, no matter which part of the resort you choose. Cheers!

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
989 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

We have stayed in both the Caribbean Village and the Italian Village. The Italian Village is newer and very nice but we do love some of the Caribbean Village rooms. With 2 kids I would chose (in the Carib. Vil) either the Caribbean Honeymoon One Bedroom concierge suite (map location 11) and request a ground floor room, it's only a 2 story building. It is right next door to the Italian Village. The suite is actually 2 rooms. The main bedroom has a king bed and an open concept bathroom, that may be a turn off to some. Our son was only 10 months old so we didn't have any issues. The toilet is of course enclosed but the shower, garden tub, and sink are open to the rest of the room. The second room has a daybed with a trundle bed, a tv, and the fridge/microwave area. Plenty of space for your family. The other room I would suggest is the Caribbean Honeymoon lux one bedroom concierge suite (map location 6) this room is larger than the other but same concept. 2 rooms, except you enter into the room with the daybed/trundle bar area, then there is a bigger room with the king bed and open concept bathroom. This room is on the far side of the Caribbean Village but it is possible to get a nice view of Grace Bay. We were on the third floor but you can request a ground floor. We prefer the smaller suite because of its central location.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,106 Reviews
Providenciales
Danvers...
Level Contributor
834 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

I would not pay double for the IV. I have stayed in both the IV and the Caribbean honeymoon one bedroom concierge suite. I liked them both very much. We used every pool and restaurant in the resort with ease with small children. It's nowhere near as large as some people make it sound. The west end of the property by the larger Caribbean suites is actually very beautiful and we would like to try it sometime. Where your kids are 6 and 7 you have a lot of flexibility. If you had toddlers the IV might be best but I would say do the Caribbean. Twice.

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
San Diego...
Level Contributor
98 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

We have stayed at both and loved both for different reasons. I think the CV would be great with the age of your two boys. If I had older teens or tweens I would say IV as the kids tend to gravitate there at night...either to play at the pool tables in the pub or night swim in the heated IV pool. It's nice to have your room right there to keep tract of your kids and be able to go up to you room and not have walk ten minutes after a long day. At age 6 and 7 they were sound asleep by nine...not by our rules but pure exhaustion and the CV room was nice...we stayed both balcony and parrot cay room gound floor...at that age I agree ground floor was nice to let them explore outside...bring mosquito spray though..no big deal if prepared. Have fun..your boys will have a blast!

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,333 posts
681 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

We've also stayed in both and yes, the IV is newer/nicer, the additional cost is something each guest needs to decide. (I would personally put the extra $$ towards a future trip).

The overall property is large but can walk across the whole property in a few minutes.

Enjoy!

6. Re: Beaches - Italian vs Carribean with Kids

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24