We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

TCI-my new fave place

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
TCI-my new fave place

We just returned from West Bay Club. We stayed for 6 nights. AMAZING! Now, I understand why so many folks on Provo forum are repeat visitors. I am hooked. I will do a detailed review of West Bay Club in a few days. My husband said it was paradise.

Day 1-we arrived in the afternoon and went straight to the beach. BREATHTAKING! The hotel had a beach bbq so we went to that. Lots of Caribbean dishes.

Day 2-half day snorkel trip with Caicos Adventures. We did the pure snorkeling trip and had 3 stops in West Caicos. Dinner at Ganesvoort--I had this great branzino filet. yummy. That was my favorite fish dish the whole trip.

Day 3-more beach and snorkeling at Bight Reef. Dinner at Beach House. We saw Caribbean Clint there (he has done some youtube reviews of different resorts).

Day 4-My husband had open water certification with Provo Turtle Divers. I hung out at the pool. Then of course--more beach. Dinner-Mango Reef.

Day 5-My husband had day 2 of open water certification. Me: more pool. Then more beach and snorkeling. Dinner-Bay Bistro. I loved the conch chowder!

Day 6-Beach! Then we took a taxi to Regent Village Shopping and Salt Mill Plaza. Bought a cool painting and souvenirs. Dinner-we were supposed to go to Magnolia, but decided to just spend our last night at the hotel. We ate there and watched the Heat game at the bar with other guests.

Day 7--Departure. Sad face. We had a great time. Plenty of relaxation.

In closing, my husband declared that we will return to Turks every year

Mentioned in this post
West Bay Club
West Bay Club
1,071 Reviews
Providenciales
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Bight Reef
Bight Reef
1,290 Reviews
Providenciales
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: TCI-my new fave place

Nice! Sounds like a perfect first trip. It really is a place to just take in the beauty and totally relax, isn't it?

Good decision on returning once a year....if I lived where you lived that would be my decision too! :-)

Thanks for posting!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: TCI-my new fave place

Oops, that came out kind of wrong....my meaning was, if I lived as close to TCI as you, it would also be my yearly vacation spot...;-)

For us on the West Coast it's a bit more of a long haul, but soooo worth it!

Mentioned in this post
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: TCI-my new fave place

I understood what you meant PattyNewportBeach. No problem

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: TCI-my new fave place

It is a wonderful island. Glad you had a great trip.

MD
Level Contributor
590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: TCI-my new fave place

Yeah I got back last night after a week at the Alexandra and I'm very very impressed with the island. My wife and I had a great time.

Places like Taylor Bay and Sapodilla Bay simply aren't around anymore on most islands. I can't remember the last time I went to a beach the size of either of them and saw less than 10 people there the entire time I was there. And the color of the water is simply breath taking.

Then you have Grace Bay, which is by far the largest beach I've seen that is simply that beautiful. The curve of the beach with the color and backdrop is simply amazing. On Friday and Saturday there was very minimal wind, and Grace Bay simply looked like a pool. I could not take my eyes off of it.

Also Turtle Cove is very beautiful as well view wise. The beach leaves a little to be desired because of the rocky entrance, and I also saw it later in the day when it had a low tide which makes it look even less appealing, but the view over by the boat channel is just spectacular.

I'm so sad to be home and work now, but man I feel more relaxed right now than I can remember feeling in a very long time.

Mentioned in this post
Sapodilla Bay
Sapodilla Bay
1,018 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
590 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: TCI-my new fave place

2011 was our very first trip to Provo. I believe you when you say you'll make it an annual trip now. We will be going on our fourth and fifth trip this year. What's better than going once a year? Twice or as many times as you can make it happen!

Tampa
Level Contributor
268 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: TCI-my new fave place

GaPeach81 - Thank you for your post. I can't wait for more details :) My husband and I are leaving out of Savannah for our first visit to Provo in 40 days and we are also staying at the West Bay Club! So, anything you want to share about your trip on the forum, I will be anxious to read!

Mentioned in this post
Savannah
Savannah
Georgia Coast, GA
West Bay Club
West Bay Club
1,071 Reviews
Providenciales
Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: TCI-my new fave place

At first it was annual....then semi-annual....then onto the trimester system......then onto...............? It truly can be addicting!! purbeast sounds like we had a Maryland Contingent on Provo last week, hope you enjoyed your stay!!

MD
Level Contributor
590 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: TCI-my new fave place

ttewks I saw in another post that you left yesterday as well. I wonder if were we on the same flight lol. I flew to Philly around 3pm then back to DCA from there.

But yeah, I enjoyed my stay for sure and will be back. The place is just beautiful.

Canada
Level Contributor
2,082 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: TCI-my new fave place

Hi Purbeast

We are going to visit Alexandra for 9 nights. Can you tell me anything about it .----

suggestions

Thanks

robin