We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Sapodilla

lafayette, la
Level Contributor
194 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi from Sapodilla

We are thinking of renting in the Sapodilla area but no one wants to drive. Are taxis readily available to take you to the store, restaurants at night, etc? or is that area just too far out from the main Grace Bay area?

Thanks,... and I know it's worth getting a car but seriously, no one wants to drive...

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,115 Reviews
Providenciales
Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,426 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Sapodilla

Rent a car--taxi fares are per person and very expensive. Depending on your destination and the number in your party you could pay more for a taxi trip than a rental car for the week.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,781 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Sapodilla

We stayed on Sapodilla Bay last May; 6 adults and a toddler. We rented a car AND we occasionally hired a taxi....I know it goes against the experts' advice...but totally understand you didn't want to drive etc. This worked for us. The 5 of us who arrived Saturday afternoon were really pleased w. our van and the service from Grace Bay Car Rentals - allow for a learning curve w. the steering wheel on the right, etc. We also used Kalvin: Kalvin Kabs Provo 649-241-3576 - he met my son & GF at airport on Sunday pm and brought them to Sapodilla. He also provided transportation for all 6-1/2 of us to marina for an excursion, dinner date to Grace Bay for one couple one night, etc. It was really easy: we either made arrangements w. Kalvin as he dropped us off, or we texted him. It is a 15-20 minute drive from Grace Bay to Sapodilla. We used the rental for trip to Grace Bay one afternoon/evening, drive to Taylor Bay, Quality Market for groceries, ice, etc. The only difficult part was the return trip w. ALL of us including the stroller and luggage in the rental!!! Unfortunately I don't remember the cab fares; (must have been reasonable or expected) Kalvin was very fair and we were very pleased. As I said, it worked for us. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Sapodilla Bay
Sapodilla Bay
1,031 Reviews
Providenciales
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,115 Reviews
Providenciales
Taylor Bay Beach
Taylor Bay Beach
1,292 Reviews
Providenciales
Chicago
Level Contributor
708 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Sapodilla

If you must get a taxi, make sure you know and approve the rate BEFORE you get in. Or hire someone for your entire trip like LolaBeach did.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Sapodilla

You got the money, they got the time. Have lots of cash with you.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,541 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi from Sapodilla

it's only a 10-15 minute drive

don't know how many persons you are, but it will cost a fortune to dine at the hub by taxi, think for 2 $70 rt (and $35 each additional person)

A car will cost $39-$49 unlimitted

You'll need transportation for everything

So if you really don't want to drive, why not stay at the hub?

Or like Caribdesi says, just take a lot of money!

6. Re: Taxi from Sapodilla

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 May 2015, 05:17