We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon July 2015

Port Orange, Florida
Level Contributor
57 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Honeymoon July 2015

Ok, after reading some responses to my earlier question and doing some additional research I am looking for suggestions based on the following hotels. As I mentioned in a previous post we prefer a smaller hotel on the beach preferably outdoor bar area. We like a good happy hour every now and then. Sort of a best value for the money sort of things as we are paying for our wedding and honeymoon out of our own pocket. Here are a few I have done some research on that might fit the bill. Thoughts please...

West Bay Club

Royal West Indies

Alexandra

Thanks so much for the info

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
139 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon July 2015

Alexandra is a nice resort it also has a restaurant on site. Vrbo 187255

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon July 2015

Also check out Ocean Club West. Great on site restaurant and within walking distance to many of the great restaurants, shopping and grocery store.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,989 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon July 2015

WBC is in a different league from the other 2-- I've stayed at all 3 and WBC is my favorite of them. A little bit nicer, nicer beds, gorgeous views from rooms.

Only negative is you should really have a car for the best restaurants from there

They have a beach bar, and Somewhere bar is close by with Happy Hours, and Gansevoort next door with dj on weekends and beach bar (and they now have a beach bar)

RWI has a pool bar, not beach. Closer to hub so you can walk to many restaurants

mango Reef (Alexandra) has a deck bar, but behind the dunes, no beach view, but they have tables in the sand at the restaurant. close enough to walk to reef to snorkel, you can walk to some great restaurants, but at night I still would have a car for bar hopping

Not much nightlife and bars are really mellow though, so you know what you're getting into

4. Re: Honeymoon July 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2015, 06:15