We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Some area info please

Hi all, just looking for some info on a neighborhood in TCI. In all honesty I have never been to TCI but I am already scouting for our second trip. First trip is all booked and I am very happy with everything but would like to try a different area next time....maybe.

It is east of Chalk Sound, south of the airport (about 2 or 3 km) and north of South Dock. If there is a name on the area I don't know it.

I am wondering if it is a good area, low crime, near any stores etc. Has anyone ever stayed in that area? If there are locals/expats reading this would you live there or build a home there? Is it all elevated so there are good views. I see on the map Sapodilla Bay is south of it also and I will see for myself soon just how beautiful it is.

Any info on the area would be great.

Thanks to all

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,761 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Some area info please

There are villas at Chalk Sound, Sapadilla Bay and Taylor Bay. Great places to stay, not much there except Las Brisas Restaurant. It's 10-15 minutes to most things in the hub.

If you're talking about other areas in that area (Five Cays? Discovery Bay?) Then they're not the best areas to stay.

If you can tell us the area better (or even names of places you're considering) We can help more!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Some area info please

It sound like 5 cays?

Yes not too nice and would avoid staying there (even if you could find somewhere!)

From south dock to 5 cays is quite commercial, some houses overlook chalk sound

Try sill creek or the bays mentioned for nice villas

UK
Level Contributor
611 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Some area info please

I'm guessing this is VRBO related? If so, maybe direct message on of the Destination Experts with the specific address (don't post it here). Hopefully they can give you more specific answers on the villa.

Providenciales
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Some area info please

I know of no short term rentals in Five Cays. Perhaps he is talking about Cooper Jack? Mostly residential.

Mission, Canada
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Some area info please

No area or rental in mind actually. Just heard about how beautiful Chalk Sound is and Sapodilla Bay is and thought it might be a good place to stay. Thanks for all the comments. I guess that whole are is industrial/commercial. Not the best for renting and vacation.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,535 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Some area info please

Rent a vehicle for your first upcoming stay and drive around to see the different areas of Provo to gather more info to make a decision for your future visits. Provo is a relativity small Island. You probably will discover your favorite area after a couple of visits. My first visit was in 1974(40 years ago) and I'd stayed in the Blue Hills area when there was only 1500 residents on the Island. DR. JIM

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Some area info please

chalk sound, Taylor bay and sapodilla bay are not commercial - indeed they have some of the most prestigious properties on Provo, and great rentals.

south dock and south dock rd is quite commercialized but this does not impact those areas

8. Re: Some area info please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 June 2015, 05:17