We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor-Checked Baggage

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Liquor-Checked Baggage

Flying HOU-CHAR then Provo; can we pack liquor into checked baggage from Hou or should we buy it duty free in Charlotte and carry on?

Texas
Level Contributor
555 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

If you think the airline baggage handlers will get it there unbroken, you CAN check it… I personally wouldn't take that chance of "eu de liquor" all over my clothes, though. If you drink anything even remotely mainstream, they should have it at duty free and probably not much more (if any) than it would be in Houston.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

Thanks for the tips...wish we could bring canned beer!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,364 posts
366 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

On our last couple trips I have packed a few bottles of my favorite craft beer without any problems. It tastes so good when staring out at Grace Bay.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

Maybe we'll do that as well; is it best to do bottles vs cans? Thanks for all the tips

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

You can always do a box of wine...;-)

Greenville, SC
Level Contributor
19 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

CLT has a decent sized Duty Free shop. The store is operated by "Duty Free America". Here is a link to their website which lists the items available for purchase in their shops.

dutyfreeamericas.com/products/…rum

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
188 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

Well shoot they sell beer in their store. Might as well buy that there and carry on! Thanks for the link!

Orange, California
Level Contributor
86 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

checked in liquor and used this amazon.com/Diaper-Reusable-Absorbent-Eco-Fri… for peace of mind. bottles remained intact both ways (in a soft sided duffel bag, no less) so I can't comment on the absorptive capacity.

Salem, Massachusetts
Level Contributor
11 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

My boyfriend and I love wine so we packed a generous amount of mini bottles of Sutter Homes. They are 187ml and plastic, so throwing them your suitcase is a pretty safe bet they wont break. I stuck them in ziploc bags just in case. I packed a few glass bottles of alcohol the year prior and had no problem. I did wrap my clothes in a trashbag just in case they leaked.

10. Re: Liquor-Checked Baggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 June 2015, 05:15