We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hair/ makeup

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Hair/ makeup

Anyone have any recommendations for salons or spas that do a good job with hair and make up for our wedding? Sorry for all the wedding questions! :)

Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hair/ makeup

http://www.shequemakeup.com/about

She's not cheap, not that anything is down there, but every time I asked someone, she was highly recommended. I'm using her for my wedding in two weeks.

Texas
Level Contributor
608 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hair/ makeup

Brigitte at Tangled...

http://www.tangledhairsalonprovidenciales.com

I've got a friend that goes to her for a cut every time she visits!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hair/ makeup

There is also Thea Makeup Artistry.

www.theamakeupartistry.com

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hair/ makeup

Please let me know how you like your hair and makeup. She sent me the prices and she is not cheap but worth it if she's the best on the island!

Boston
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hair/ makeup

I can't speak from experience...yet. My wedding isn't until December.

But I booked Ann from Beauty & the Beach for makeup: bridesmakeupannprovidenciales.weebly.com/

And Geraldine from Maxime le Salon for hair.

You can read about them both here: www.islandharmony.com/beautyanngeraldine.html

And here's a link to some of their "work": http://www.brilliant.tc/beauty-and-the-beach/

They are both coming to the hotel to do the hair/makeup for myself and bridal party.

Hope that helps!!

Edited: 13 June 2014, 01:40
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,352 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hair/ makeup

<<<<<<<Do you think any of them can trim me up a bit? DR. JIM

La Verne, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hair/ makeup

My daughter was recently married on Grace Bay, Turks and Caicos and hired Shenique Higgs as her wedding party hair and make-up artist. She is not cheap but we were up to paying her for whatever it was worth to have beautiful hair and makeup done in a timely fashion.

Shenique came to the Regent Palms 30 minutes late and did not even apologize for being late, not a bit of being sorry. Instead, she came into the room and immediately told my daughter "..please know that I am quick..." blah, blah, blah. Little did we know that she was quick because she does very little or bare minimum to your hair and make-up and very stingy on the beauty products. She barely puts on any make-up on you, doesn't curl your lashes before she puts on the mascara not to mention that fake lashes does not come with the already very expensive make-up fee. The expensive hair and make-up fee comes with very little hair spray for your hair.

Everyone had to redo their make-up including the bride, my daughter. Because she is the only one doing everything herself, she finished all of us by 2:00PM which was the time that we were supposed to leave for the church. We were not done with changing and pictorials and left for church in a haste. When she left the hotel room, she slammed the door hard. This lady does not have manners nor finesse and is extremely rude! Do not be deceived by her nice looks on her website, she is one unpleasant lady.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
Providenciales
Aiken, South...
Level Contributor
9 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hair/ makeup

I just realized I didn't respond to your question until I got the notification that someone else responded. I WOULD not recommend Shenique. I, like the very last post, had very similar issues. She was not late, but assured me that with the time she arrived she could do our hair and makeup (4 girls) with time to spare. Well, that was not true. My photographer barely got any pictures of us prior to the service because she was still doing my makeup. We probably had 5 minutes top to get portraits before the ceremony began. While we were taking pictures in our driveway, we rented a house, my hair fell down, I kid you not! We had to stop taking pictures and my bridesmaids had to find the bobby pins that had fell on the ground and stick my hair back into place. I had requested a chignon bun on my right side. All of my bridal portraits show my hair in a side ponytail because it had fell. I wish I had someplace else to write my review to warn other brides. I felt misled by my wedding planner also because she only recommended Shenique. I should have done more research but with the short time I had to plan our wedding, I just jumped on one of the first individuals I saw.

La Verne, California
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hair/ makeup

To l2m7c, I am glad to hear that you are not going with Shenique. If you do not want a disastrous makeup and hair on your wedding day, avoid her. She is unprofessional and rude.

Edited: 27 August 2014, 06:31
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hair/ makeup

Thank you everyone for your responses! This is why I love this forum, it is very helpful. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience on your wedding day but I'm sure you made a beautiful bride! I think I'm going to call beauty and the Beach and look into Anne and Geraldine. Thanks again for all your recommendations!