We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

As we're trying not to break our bank getting married on Grace Bay. We finally narrowed down a place to stay for our wedding to The Sands Studio Oceanview and Sibonne Beach Apartment since they’re about the same price. The Sands is a nicer resort all around, however, Sibonne Beach Apartment is right in front of the beach. Based on the pictures we saw on many websites, we really like the view from the Beach Apartment Balcony. Since we’ve never been to Grace Bay, we’re not sure which one is a better choice. Can anyone share their thoughts between the 2?

Thanks,

maryland
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

Yes the Sands is a nicer resort all around, but I have always wanted to stay in that beach front apartment. Can not get any closer to the sand. Bay Bistro is a great restaurant right on site. Just depends on what is important to you.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
36 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

We have stayed at The Sands many times. I agree, The Sands is a nicer resort and I can say many, many nice things about The Sands. We enjoy the outdoor staff very much; they are sooo helpful with the chairs, umbrellas, hobies, etc.. The 2 resorts are next to each other, so as far as location, you will be happy either way. We have never stayed at Sibonne, though I have heard people say nice things about it too. Though we love The Sands, Hemingways, their restaurant, is okay. Bay Bistro, I hear is quite good. You can cut costs in TCI by eating out less and utilizing your grocery store items purchased there. You can walk to Graceway IGA from either location. You can also pack some of your snack items in a suitcase. Either way you go, I am sure you will fall in love with the island. It is truly gorgeous. FYI about oceanview at The Sands...sometimes it is a great view and sometimes it is a sliver. Still...a great place.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

Need I say, newlyweds want to be as close to Gracie to hear her sounds @ night. Direct Oceanfront(on the beach) view with an upper floor balcony allows you to experience that romantic beach cuddling. Besides having the 2nd best Conch Chowder on the Island served @ the Oceanfront restaurant is a plus. DR. JIM

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

The Sands is by far the better choice.

The Sands is a nice budget class resort with a good reputation. The Sibonne is one of the older properties on Grace Bay and its facilities are very tired.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,774 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

My husband would agree with Sibonne and OF. However, the overall ambience of the two resorts makes me recommend The Sands, even if you have OV. You are looking at the ocean all day, walking on the beach all day, having a nice resort view with a small view of the ocean makes me want to stay at The Sands before Sibonne, that is right next door, so you can walk to the restaurant in a minute.

It's just an all around better resort with more activities built in that are included.

Either way, your getting married and on Grace Bay Beach! Nothing better than that. Congrat's!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

I've stayed at both

Sands is overall nicer resort, better pools, etc BUT

Sibonne Beach apartment is hard to beat! Huge double balcony overlooking the water, full kitchen, nice outdoor eating area, vs Sands hotel room.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

I've never stayed at the Sibonne, but I think that beachfront apartment is in an amazing location! As TewksMD, you're sooooo close to the beach!

I'd choose it for location and space! Plus, my favorite restaurant is right there, Bay Bistro.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

I should mentioned the name of the resort, I'd had replied to in #3. Beach Apartment Balcony @ Sibonne. DR. JIM

Chicago
Level Contributor
674 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

We have stayed at the Sands and have seen rooms / grounds at Sibonne. Sands is a much better choice in terms of condition of the resort. Bay Bistro is awesome, and it's only a short walk from the Sands. The only negative to the Sands may be the amount of families with kids there.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Studio Oceanview @ The Sands VS Beach Apartment @ Sibonne

ninjamyst, I would agree with you about the rooms/grounds, but they arent talking any room, they are talking that amazing ocean front apartment. As long as it is clean, I would stay in a heart beat.