We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 11-16 Travel report

Dallas/Ft. Worth
Level Contributor
25 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
June 11-16 Travel report

We just returned on Monday at 9 pm...note to self: take an extra day for re-entry. First timers and we couldn't be happier with the trip - well maybe if Customs in Miami took about 1/2 the time but I digress.....We got to Sibonne' around 4 or so. Exactly what I expected...quiet, quaint, older but clean, beautiful view from the balcony! It was really all we needed. The first full day we returned from the beach to a very hot room as the a/c had been turned off by housekeeping and the drapes open. The next day we left a nice request note and a "thank you" and did not have the issue again. They were terrific! We managed to do pretty much all we had planned...snorkeling at Bight, reading and lolling on the gorgeous beach, shopping, eating, drinking, more snorkeling (Sail Provo), exploring Chalk Sound, Taylor Bay and Sopadilla Bay, and of course, Fish Fry! We met tons of new, interesting people from all parts of the world. Including one family who's son works for a client of mine back in Bedford, TX......it is an extremely small world!

We didn't get to any of the really high end restaurants that I had planned to go to but had an outstanding meal at Hemmingways one night! We had brunch at Bay Bistro on Saturday which was fantastic! Unfortunately, we had a little service issue when we went back for dinner on Sunday. The food was good though. We thought the best kept secret was breakfast croissants or lunchtime sandwiches at Graceway Gourmet! Fantastic people, always smiling and awesome sandwiches. There is a little patio outside to enjoy your meal and the breeze is always blowing. A lunch at Las Brisas was definitely on the list and the bonus was a long conversation with Lorenzo. The food and views were amazing! Would not recommend Danny Bouys - maybe it was just the evening but seemed very expensive for not great food or service.

We rented a car from Grace Bay Rentals and they were awesome! Even let us turn the car in at the airport the next day for no upcharge...saved us another expensive taxi. Speaking of taxis, though we always found one, Majestic handed off to Dre' at Uprising who was great and interesting but not available after 2 trips and yes, we tipped very well!...we wound up using Grey's taxi and one other that we can't recall (which is too bad because he was delightful). Then we rented the car.

Oh, one other note...I saw a post before we went that the beach chairs at Sibonne were somewhat lacking...well, on the first day there, they were busy changing out all of the chairs for bright, shiny new ones! Very comfy!

WHEN we go back, I think we will spend more time on the Taylor Bay side for the sheer beauty and solitude. And I think we'd rent a car - the driving is not a big deal at all as long as you request an American car (steering wheel on left, pls).

All in all, just an outstanding vacation that we will remember for a very long time! The beauty of Grace Bay is unbelievable but the best part of the trip was meeting and talking to the people we met!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: June 11-16 Travel report

Nice trip report. Thanks for sharing. I'm surprised you had issues in MIA on a Monday. We went through there on a Saturday, used the self kiosks and breezed through.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: June 11-16 Travel report

NO mention of mosquito interference messing up your trip--that's good. Already for the return trip---that's good too! Going to forgo the taxi and opting for the rental conveyance mode of transportation---that's smart. This means I can look forward to your next trip report--- I like that. DR. JIM

Amelia Island...
Level Contributor
1,167 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: June 11-16 Travel report

Nice report. We were on island at the same time. Lived in DFW area for many years.

Bay Bistro is one of our favorite restaurants.

Glad you had a nice trip. Are you already planning that return trip?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: June 11-16 Travel report

Enjoyed reading your report! Glad to read that you explored much of what Provo has to offer! It seems like you're another TCI addict like the rest of us!

Thanks for your report!

5. Re: June 11-16 Travel report

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales