We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part I - Flight, Hotel and Rental Car

Tampa
Level Contributor
266 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Part I - Flight, Hotel and Rental Car

We arrived home last night, so I wanted to post a trip report while everything is fresh in my mind! We flew out on a Saturday and flew back on Friday, July 4th. The airport was smooth sailing - yes, it is small and hot but I love the character and authenticity of it and the reminder that T&C is still a very small, not overly commercialized island.

We rented a car from Avis for the whole week. I initially tried to rent through GBCR, but they didn't have any of the smaller vehicles left. Avis was a great decision! They took us to their facility by shuttle from the airport and when we took the car back, they quickly shuttled us back to the airport. The car was tiny but in great condition and the AC worked extremely well!

We stayed at the West Bay Club and will stay there again! The hotel staff were absolutely amazing going above and beyond anything we could ask for! The rooms are gorgeous, modern and clean! We booked a studio and I requested one of the 2 larger studios, but it was occupied when we arrived. The next day we received a call from the front desk letting us know it was available if we wanted to change rooms. We changed rooms and the larger studio far exceeded our expectations....it not only has a large sitting area and a stackable washer/dryer but also had a balcony facing the pool and another balcony under the resort's arch which provides an ocean view! I cannot imagine that the beach staff is better at any resort...they treat you like royalty and always with a smile! We went out sailing on the Hobie Cat twice, snorkeled in front of the hotel (in the sea grass) and mostly just relaxed on the beach, taking in the view! Somewhere Cafe, the reef at Coral Gardens and the Thursday night Fish Fry were easy walks from the hotel. Because we had a car, though, we drove everywhere else. Again, I cannot say enough about the WBC and its staff. We definitely plan to stay there again!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,932 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Part I - Flight, Hotel and Rental Car

I look forward to Part 2(Food stuff, etc) of your Provo Adventure. DR. JIM

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Part I - Flight, Hotel and Rental Car

Great report! Sounds like WBC was the perfect resort for you!

Time to start planning your return trip!

3. Re: Trip Report Part I - Flight, Hotel and Rental Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 05:15