We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Scuba Diving

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches Scuba Diving

We are staying at the Beaches resort next week. My 16yo son is interested in the resort/intro course for scuba. Can anyone share details on course - like how long it takes and what to expect for diving. Will he be able to do the 2 tank dives, or just 1? Once we pay the initial fee for the course, the dives are included, correct? Will he be able to dive every day, if he wants? Is it safe for him to go out with the dive group on his own? Thanks everyone.

Lockport, Illinois
Level Contributor
86 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

The resort course is about 2 hours. He will be able to do his 1 tank dive the next day. That is it...no other dives allowed with the resort course.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
797 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

No other dives/? I thought you could dive to ~40 ft for up to one year as long as you're accompanied by a dive master

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

Thanks 'chester' for your question... I think (hope) 'Iwantanothervacation' 's response meant that he can't do the 2 tank dive... but I'm pretty sure he can continue to do the 1 tank dive for the rest of the week.

Can someone please comment with more details?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
797 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

From Beaches web site:

If you've always wanted to experience Scuba but never had the time it takes to get certified, Beaches can get you qualified to dive at the resort in just a few hours. With our exclusive PADI® Discover Scuba Diver program (only $90 USD) you will be able to dive, in most cases, the same day as your program, and be able to dive throughout your stay at our Beaches Resort.

www.beaches.com/scuba/resort-program.cfm

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

thanks chester... yes, just re-read the website and scuba faq's... I think we really just need to wait til we get there to ask questions... even if my son can only dive once for 5 minutes, he will be happy.

Lockport, Illinois
Level Contributor
86 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

We are here now and 2 in our party did the resort course and the 1 allowed dive (yes, to 40 feet), the resort is at 100% capacity. Maybe you are allowed more dives in low season???

Apex, North Carolina
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

I'm sorry to be a pain about this... but we arrive next week, so I want to be sure... so you are only able to go on 1 dive during your entire stay? They advertise unlimited diving... so that's a huge discrepancy and extremely misleading. Did your divers enjoy the experience, at least?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
797 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

If I were you, I would contact the dive staff directly to clarify...

9. Re: Beaches Scuba Diving

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 July 2015, 23:16