We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club med Turquoise questions

Near Washington, DC
Level Contributor
51 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
Club med Turquoise questions

Ill probably try to call the resort to ask, but wanted to see if i could get some quick answers here... going to Club Med Turquoise next week

1) are the electrical outlets compatible with US plugs or would I need a converter of some type (like in Europe)?

2) Any kinds of dress code? Specifically wondering if I need to bring any sportsjackets, etc. I prefer not to....

3) Are staff tips included in the fees? If not, is tipping expected? Done at the end like cruise? How would that work?

4) do they have any kind of free wifi or even a lobby computer with internet access or is that all a la carte?

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,522 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club med Turquoise questions

Electrical outlets are all the same as US, 110V 60 Hz,same plugs.

No sport coats needed.. you'd generally look out of place with one on. There is a "dress code", but not what you are thinking. Each evening the staff (GOs) are to wear specific colors, like all white, red and jeans, black & white, etc. While not required or expected, many of the guests (GMs) participate in this dress code and also wear the specified colors. The one night this is especially nice is on "all-white night"; it is a bit impressive to see most of the people in the village wearing white.

The regular staff (GOs) cannot accept tips: doing so can get them fired. Some of the other regular employees (like the housekeeping staff and masseuses) can (gladly) accept tips. The best thing you can do for the GOs that you might become friends with is to "buy" them a drink. The GOs are expected to mingle with the GMs in the evenings but generally have to buy their own drinks. If we see a GO we know we ask what they are drinking then go to the bar and get them a drink. Yes, I realize this seems a little upside down to some people, but it is an example of the GO/GM relationship at Club Med.

Internet access is on a paid basis. The last couple of years there has been three "plans": 1) about $75 for the week for as much time as you want. 2) about $12 a day for as much time as you want each day. 3) $5 an hour, but this is actual connect time. If you connect, download your email and disconnect, the 1 hour can last 3 - 5 days. They only "guarantee" reception around the pool and reception area, but we have been lucky and have had usable reception in our rooms. There are a couple of computers available where you would use your purchased code to connect.

You might want to visit my web page where I have a number of trip reports to Turkoise with lots of pictures: www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html If this is your first time at a Club Med you should read the "Guide for First Time GMs" at the top of that page. Club Med is a little different from about any other resort and this guide will help you to catch on more quickly.

2. Re: Club med Turquoise questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 July 2015, 06:16