We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner Reservations - High Season

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner Reservations - High Season

We will be on Provo Dec 20-27. Would it be prudent to think out our dinner plans pretty far ahead of time and make reservations for that week? If so, how far in advance?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

Probably after you read my response to your post. The din-din food twins I love are CoCo Bistro & Caicos Cafe. Christmas time is High Season--Prime Time. Snag those "REZZY'S" quickly before you get shut out of your plans. DR. JIM

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

Thank you! I'm on it!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
250 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

Chiming in...we will be there next Tuesday and want to go to a nice place for our anniversary on the 13th...would we need reservations? I was told it is slow in August...

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

oojaded26. We will be on the Island late next week and though I am not a superstitious person; make that "REZZY" for the 13th for the place and time you want. Some nice places may have a couple groups or a large party of people occupying those seats for that time you wanted along with the "REZZY" dinners. I am on the Island for 2 weeks in middle August the past several years and have seen people turned away or have to wait over an hour because it's supposedly slow in Mid-August. Of the 14 nights=14 evening dinners, I already have "REZZY'S" @ the nice place, date & time confirmed. DR. JIM

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
105 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

So for the more causal places, say Sharkbite, or something along that line, I assume reservations are not taken or needed. Correct?

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,182 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

YES. Sharkbite does has the best tasting Conch Chowder on the Island over the all the years and places we have visited. Mr. Groupers, Ricky's Flamingos, Chinsons, da Conch Shack, Bugaloos, Three Queens,Tiki Hut, Somewhere, Mis Amigos, etc are other Island local casuals that fall in this category. DR. JIM

provo
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

Make them NOW NOW NOW!!!!!!! Certain restaurants already full on Christmas Eve. So failing to plan is planning to fail lol. As for August , August is the new January! Went out Tuesday night, bouchon, CB, CC and yoshis were all packed. As dr jim so rightly said, if you want a day and a time, book it.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
411 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

We are leaving a week from Saturday and I have already made reservations at four restaurants - I don't want to waste time trying to get in somewhere to eat. I called Coco Bistro because they said on their website reservations by phone only - the rest I emailed (Seaside, Mango Reef, Caicos Café)

maryland
Level Contributor
4,993 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

Coco, you might not have any luck getting reservation from Seaside via email(of course I could be wrong) You will not need one anyway. Just to let you know Francois is off island (Pam is an excellent chef also, not to sure if she is on island either) They do close down as of the 22nd, so menu could be limited. Not saying don't go, I ate there last year 2 days before shut down and had an excellent meal. Just want you to be aware they may have limited options. They can't pre order tons of food right before closing for obvious reasons.

Virginia Beach...
Level Contributor
411 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dinner Reservations - High Season

Thanks for the info tewksMd - I did already receive a reply back from Seaside confirming reservations for Monday, August 18 - I am just hoping the shrimp tempura is available! It has been calling my name ever since you all posted pictures of it at your TA gathering!