We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Topic
Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

I have narrowed down my choices for a week stay in September to 1 BR pool views at Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra. Can anyone tell me which is preferable? I would greatly appreciate input!

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

It depends on who's traveling. If you're traveling as a couple, no kids, then I'd recommend Villa Ren. It's very peaceful and quiet there. If you're traveling as a family with kids, then I'd recommend the Alexandra as there is much more activity and children there. .

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

We loved VR oceanfront in May and have booked again for '15. The property is small, gorgeous and we saw the pool rooms - the location is lovely, many restaurants within easy walking distance. I'm sure the Alex is also very nice and has an on site restaurant.

I don't think you can go wrong - enjoy planning; Grace Bay is awesome :)

Edited: 18 August 2014, 19:49
Cape Cod
Level Contributor
222 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

We will be going without children, for a quiet peaceful couple retreat from a busy life. Looking for little stress.

The Alexandra is a nice option because it offers kayaks and stand up paddle boards. But VR looks more upscale. Not sure and would like input.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

If you're going as a couple, then I'd go with VR. It is much more upscale, peaceful and quiet. Added plus is that there are many restaurants and lots of shopping within short walking distance.

spartanburg, sc
Level Contributor
630 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

Agree, Villa Ren is very quiet and the most beautiful place we have ever stayed.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
1,037 posts
793 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

VR seems nicer and closer to the middle of Grace Bay.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,718 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

Villa Renaissance would be my pick, especially if traveling as a couple, for all the reasons MuyLinda stated.

T P
PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

I am currently at the Alexandra and will be for the next week. We are here on our honeymoon. It is nice and I wouldn't discourage anyone from coming here but there may be more activity than you want. There are some kids here but not a lot. Personally I find drunk adults more obnoxious than kids and usually adults with kids don't get wasted. But since there is a bar and restaurant on site I can here music when I would rather just hear the wind. There are lots of beaches' boats zipping back and forth all day. With that said we have an awesome balcony overlooking the pool area and it was quiet and beautiful last night. If you just want to hear the ocean I would not come here

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

We did the VR for our honeymoon. Perfect for what we were seeking. I highly recommend it.

10. Re: Villa Renaissance or the Alexandra resort in September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2015, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Providenciales