We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

If you are here in Provo right now, what are you doing?

Got here last Friday. And hubby and I were able to go in the water for an hour despite the roughness. And again yesterday, even in the midst of rain. Like what braulio w said, wet is wet. Why stay inside.

But 2 days in a row cooped indoors and we are going nuts. We are already downing our DIY rum punch and it's only noon!

What to do??

Jamesville, NY
Level Contributor
15 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

I'm wondering the same thing. Arrived yesterday. Never even got in the water. We are at Seven Stars Resort, thankfully in a huge two bedroom oceanfront suite so being cooped up could be a lot worse. What are people doing? I'm about to pull out the blender and coconut rum, but it would sure be more fun to be at a beach bar socializing with new friends.

T P
PA
Level Contributor
11 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

We went to he front desk and asked for DVDs.....lots of Hannah Montana and resident evil to pick from :). Fortunately Mangos is open (at the Alexandra). We also are supposed to leave tomorrow so we have hat to worry about.

Not sure what else to do

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

rum punch a noon?nice! what to do? as joebwan always advises "the obvious"................?!

Hackensack, New...
Level Contributor
26 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

Curlymac - more fun to be at a beach bar socializing with new friends. My exact sentiments. Beach and streets are empty.

CT
Level Contributor
28 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

We r leaving tomorrow as well @ 3:30 to Miami and afraid it might be delayed due to all the cancellations.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

Just keep checking, talked to a belonger at the airport and they said all flights cancelled till Tuesday. But please keep checking, info changes hourly. Just be aware.

new york
Level Contributor
485 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

I may be strange but I love storms. If I could sit on the balcony with binoculars or a book and stay fairly dry, I'd be having fun. Not as much fun as sunshine on the beach but you can't control the weather!

NH
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

tewksMd, how reliable do you believe the belonger's info to be? I've got a ticket for PLS on USAirways in the morning. USAirways isn't posting any storm cancelation info on there webpage.

...I really don't want to get up at the crack of dawn only to get stranded in CLT for a couple of days.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,799 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

allfins, let me see if I can find out anything. Horribly frustrating I know.

NH
Level Contributor
3,084 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Wanted: sunshine on grace bay

Thx! ...Bags are ready and by the door. (Darn! I don't want to spend my vacation next door to CLT!)