We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

villa del mar- customer service replies

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
montreal, ca
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
villa del mar- customer service replies

Hi

we booked vdm for next may thru our travel agent and u had special requests for the hotel that i sent directly thru the email given on their website (request is a crib for my baby & being on the 2 nd floor or up). Well i sent 3 separate emails and haven't gotten an answer yet. Is that classic to vdm??? Thanks

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,924 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

It's classic on island. Most islands in Caribbean.

Internet can be hit or miss

Phones can be hit or miss

Caribbean thinks May is far off to make requests

Try calling. Crib makes sense, if they don't have one Nada on island offers rentals too you can set up

As for requesting floors, and this is the case of every condo resort (which VDM is, as is 90% of resorts there)

Each unit is individually owned and rotated fairly to be fair to each owner. While you put in a request, very possible not to honor it as they have to be fair, if it's the next owners unit, that's the one you get.

Not like a chain hotel that can do those things. Wanted to let you know in case you didn't get your request (even if resort looks half empty)

New York City
Level Contributor
183 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

Nada does not seem to answer emails or their phone. We have given there name to a number of our friends with children, not once from jan 13-April 14 was any contact acknowledged. Are they still in business? Is there another number than the phone on their website?

montreal, ca
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

Thanks for your suggestions. I will try calling them to see for the crib. I tried calling nada anf no answer either. I guess i will see by then if no answer i will bring a play pin just in case no crib is available

Cockeysville...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

Rheanna I would recommend being patient, next May is a long way off. Everyone on the island is dealing with flooding, power outages, spotty internet, closed airport, closed government offices, impassable roads with no easy way for employees to transport themselves to work. The general manager of VDM is off Island and has been off Island for several weeks. He returns in mid September and I am sure will be in contact with you.

montreal, ca
Level Contributor
57 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

Thanks! :)

Will be patient!

Guess I'm soooo excited! :)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

If the GM is off island, then he must be here!

Rheanna, we've stayed at VDM ( love it!) a couple of times and have noticed cribs there.

I'm sure you'll have no issues. Just contact the resort closer to your arrival date.

Cockeysville...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

yes maca the email i received from him said he was in "N.S". I assumed that was Nova Scotia! His wife is also from your neck of the woods.

JoJo says no to Captive Dolphins!!!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,924 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

Not nada, sorry, Na!

http://turksandcaicos.tc/happyna/index.htm

PS. Back to back storms can cause all kinds of contact issues, firth Bertha, now Cristobal has had the airport closed 2 days, no power on island for hours, etc...

The last things to get fixed are Internet, phones, etc.

So just call them, or even better, put on a calendar to call them in April for May. May is non peak, won't have any problems securing a crib one way or another

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

Ah.....they must be needing their smoked salmon fix! We always bring some down for him!

10. Re: villa del mar- customer service replies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2015, 05:16