We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help deciding on hotel for honeymoon, June 07

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Need help deciding on hotel for honeymoon, June 07

We are looking into spending our honeymoon in Turks and Caicos. I cannot decide on a hotel! They all seem so nice. Here is what I am considering at this point...

The Sands at Grace Bay

The Alexandra Resort

The Somerset

Royal West Indies

Some things that I do want: fun bar and restaurant, fitness room...that's about it. We don't really need or like fine dining experiences so that is really not important.

Thanks!!

New Jersey
Level Contributor
454 posts
283 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help deciding on hotel for honeymoon, June 07

Hi Kris,

I stayed at the Royal West Indies last year, but haven't stayed at any of the other resorts. While I really enjoyed RWI, I wouldn't say it has a "fun bar and restaurant." When we were there, the bar and restaurant area were extremely low-key. With that, RWI might not be the type of place you are looking for.

As for the other resorts, I've heard many positive things about all of them.

Good luck deciding and congratulations. Whatever resort you choose, I'm sure you won't be disappointed. The beaches are beautiful!

jrj
Level Contributor
130 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help deciding on hotel for honeymoon, June 07

Have you considered Ocen Club West? We stayed there last year and found it to be very nice - clean, comfortable, and large units - near a lot of shopping & restaurants.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,795 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help deciding on hotel for honeymoon, June 07

The Sands has a "fun" bar as far as Provo goes. Hemingways is on site and is very reasonably priced. Sometimes we eat right at the bar and we have had alot of fun meeting other guests and people that live on the island. Someone always seems to have a story to share. The Sands is centrally located if you wanted to walk to other places to eat or to the Salt Mills Plaza where there are a few restuarants and places to shop. The Sands has a small fitness center, as well as computers and a small spa.

Twin Cities, MN.
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help deciding on hotel for honeymoon, June 07

We just got back from our "Wedding Moon" and stayed at Turks and Caicos Club which is not on your list but was fantastic! It was quiet and romantic and at the opposite end of the more rowdy resorts (Beaches, Club Med) which is exactly what we wanted. The rooms are a really good size and we had a 2nd story ocean front room which of course had the most amazing view. There are only 21 suites and they all have a full kitchen which was a great way to save a bit of money if we didn't want to go out to eat. The morning breakfast was very good and is included in your room rate. We visited a lot of resorts while down there and felt we made the best decision.

5. Re: Need help deciding on hotel for honeymoon, June 07

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2009, 07:18