We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

VRBO?? Please Help!!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
VRBO?? Please Help!!

Hi,

As I'm from the UK I wasn't aware of VRBO until very recently and don't know much about it, apart from the fact that there seem to be some very good deals which we are keen on as flights for 2 of us are going to total around 1500GBP/2940USD alone!!! :-)

Can anyone tell me more about VRBO? Is it a well used site and very reliable? How does it all work? Obviously I realise you rent direct with condo owners but as we are booking for our Honeymoon, just wanted some reassurance if we decide to use VRBO.

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

Hi MitchyKel,

I know nothing about VRBO but I love Bournemouth.

I actually come from Hampshire and just love the New Forest.

C_B

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,676 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

MitchyKel

Some people on this forum have rented through VRBO and they seem to love it. Most seem to like the condos at Royal West Indies. In the search bar on this forum type in VRBO and you can read some reviews, and get some ideas of how the owners are to deal with.

Have fun Planning

Bournemouth UK
Level Contributor
261 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

Thank you!

Hi Caicos Boy, It's a good area to live in the UK but I bet not as nice as Providenciales!!! What took you to Provo (apart from the obvious!) and how long have you been there!?

We're trying to plan our Honeymoon for next January. We've only been to Barbados in the caribbean but love the look of Provo - the thing is I hate flying and want to make sure we make the right decision of where to go in the caribbean if I'm going to try and do a 12hr plus flight!!! ;-)

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,929 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

I hate flying too!

But Provo is worth it.

Batumi, Georgia
Level Contributor
965 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

Actually I do miss Hampshire and since my parents passed away I have no real reason to keep going back.

What brought me to Provo......

Before here I was with Marriott Hotels in Tbilisi in Georgia where a friend of mine left to come to the Caribbean.

After a while he telephoned me to say there is a job here if I want it.

When he said the location my reply was quite classic "The Turks and WhereWhenWhat..." (sounds like a magazine)..!!

Anyway I have been here for three years now. My family who are actually from Ghana in West Africa come here on a regular basis.

My youngest son has been educated here and has made excellent progress.

How long will I stay here....?? I don't really know...

C_B

PS... if you think your flight bills from the UK are enough I'll swop you with mine from Ghana.

PPS.. The exchange rate of about 1.97 to the GBP should help you out when you're here...

When do you plan on visiting.... I could really do with a pound of real English Pork Bangers

Minnesota
Level Contributor
15 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

We've been using VRBO for years. We have rented in Costa Rica, Mexico, the Bahamas, and now Puerto Rico. We have had a great experience each time. You often will speak personally to the owners themselves (all of the ones we have used are from the States so far). They have given us helpful tips on the area, places to eat, things to see.

Each of the places we've rented have had housekeepers who also speak English and are there to help out with just about everything.

I recommend it. Have a great trip!

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
384 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

We went to TCI last August and rented a unit at Ocean Club West through VRBO. I was very nervous because I had never done anything like that but it turned out to be a good experience for us. With the money that we saved, we were able to spend a couple of extra nights there. I did research on this bulletin board for quite a few months before I decided to go this route. I only read one post about someone mis-representing the unit that they had advertised. If I remember correctly, they got there money back and went on to find a place that they really liked. Hope this helps. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and you'll love TCI for your honeymoon no matter where you stay.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
3,262 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

My advice to you is to post the names of the condo units that you are interested in on this forum. I bet that you will get some responses from people that have stayed in the same units and they will be able to give you the best advice.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding,

new york
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

Please, Please , Please, make sure you go with some familiar. With good feedback from this board. We learned the hard way, someone had misrepresented what and where they were renting. We were blessed by the kind folks who own Aquamarine Beach Houses who restored our faith in vrbo rentals but it did not have to turn out so well.

So please research fully before you go with a good deal because things aren't always as they appear as we found out, luckily before our vacation.

Check out

aquamarinebeachhouses.com

they are wonderful.

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
526 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: VRBO?? Please Help!!

We have used VRBO for about 12-13 years. Have rented in Maui, Destin, all over Colorado, Grand Cayman and Turks. We have always loved the condo's and houses that we have rented.

My rule of thumb in renting is to see lots of pictures. Even is they don't have many on the web site, ask the owner to e-mail more to you. Ask a ton of questions. The owners really want to rent so they are usually very accommodating.