We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Places to stay in St. Croix

Arkansas
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Topic
Places to stay in St. Croix

Where do you recommend staying in St. Croix during the beginning of July? We want a peaceful hotel on the beach but we aren't looking Four Seasons. We want something nice but not highly touristy.

West Chester, PA
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Places to stay in St. Croix

Kind of depends what kind of experience you are after....if you are looking for a beach hotel with an onsite restaurant then I would suggest looking at the reviews for the Palms at Pelican Cove or Tamarind Reef at Green Cay. St. Croix has so many wonderful restaurants that I hope you also rent a car and explore a bit!

Have a great trip!

McDonald, Kansas
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Places to stay in St. Croix

We stayed at The Palms and it was a wonderful, wonderful place. Very peaceful, friendly staff and while it is a resort there was nice privacy between units. I can tell you when we go back again we will be staying on the Westside of the island, not sure where yet...perhaps at Cottages by the Sea or Sand Castle. It just seemed on this side of the island the beaches were breathtaking, and the snorkeling was amazing...but also the waves didn't crash into you.

I know such a minor point about the waves, but at The Palms we couldn't just wade into the water and float/relax because the waves are crashing into you. On the other side of the island the waves lull you to sleep!

The best part of our trip was the ATV tour, don't miss it!! We did the land and sea package, loved it, best part of our trip!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Places to stay in St. Croix

Cottages by the sea looks perfect with one exception, I don't see that they have a pool. Do you know of anything similar with a pool?

McDonald, Kansas
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Places to stay in St. Croix

I think right next door at Sand Castle they have a pool, and I think as a guest at Cottges you are able to use it.

When we were planning out trip we were adament the resort have a pool, The Palms had a great one, but not once did we use it. :-) I thought we would, but given the choice of the beach or pool, the beach won hands down!

Arkansas
Level Contributor
268 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Places to stay in St. Croix

Has anyone visited the hibiscus? Would love to hear about the beach there.

West Chester, PA
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Places to stay in St. Croix

Search on this site for reviews of the Hibiscus and you should find reports on the beach there. It is literally right next door to the Palms so any reports of water condition there will be the same for Hibiscus. The pool at the Hibiscus is older and smaller than the one at the Palms.

7. Re: Places to stay in St. Croix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 03:17