We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best island for excursions

Boston...
1 post
Save Topic
best island for excursions

we are researching STJ or STT for a week next winter. Which island is more convenient for day excursions to other islands like BVI?

Maryland
7 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: best island for excursions

Nautical Nymph (sp) out of Red Hook offers boats for rent or tours. My brother and I rented a boat there a few years back and island hopped for the day. We went to Jos Van Dyke and enjoyed it. If you're going later in the year, you should consider subscribing to starfishdeals.com. They're like living social/groupons & you may find a deal. Who isn't happy saving a few dollars. Oh, btw, we spent around $500 renting the boat ourselves. We had to pay for the fuel on the return. Expensive, but we knew where we were going and are lovers of the sea, so it was well worth it.

Hope you have fun!

Boston
Level Contributor
5,680 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best island for excursions

If you want to do the trips by ferry, here is the schedule. You can look at the ferry schedules and you can decide which one works best.

www.vinow.com/general_usvi/interisland_ferry/

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,471 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best island for excursions

Both STT and STJ are convenient for BVI day trips, so that really shouldn't be a consideration in your decision. I would base my choice on what I want from my vacation.

There are many ways to island hop. You can go to Jost via ferry (as Saffie mentioned), you can do a private day charter on a motorboat (6 pp max, approximately $700 including gas), or you can do a tour that stops at multiple places.

4. Re: best island for excursions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2012, 23:18