We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferry to Virgin Gorda from Tortola

Sandusky, Ohio
Level Contributor
40 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ferry to Virgin Gorda from Tortola

Our cruise ship will be in Tortola from 9 to 6 on Feb. 29th. I read that it's doable to go to Virgin Gorda on your own via the ferry. Has anyone done this? I would like to know how much time to allow for transport to the baths and back. Can we walk to the ferry from the dock? And if so, how long will it take? I understand the ferry ride is 30 minutes. Any information on this subject is so appreciated. Our cruise doesn't offer a Virgin Gorda excursion. I did one years ago and thought it was so beautiful. The person I'm cruising with has not been there and I can't think of anything better to do while in port. I'm a little nervous about getting back on time! Don't want to miss that boat!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,681 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferry to Virgin Gorda from Tortola

You should post on the BVI/Tortola forum. Have fun once you find out the logistics!

Boston
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ferry to Virgin Gorda from Tortola

If you search on the BVI forum you will find many discussions regarding this. Search Baths + cruise, if you do just baths you will get too many entries. It is doable and you can walk to the ferry. It will be crowded though.

Here are two recent threads:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147354-i546-k4808…

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147354-i546-k4374…

Edited: 23 February 2012, 20:30
3. Re: Ferry to Virgin Gorda from Tortola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 June 2013, 23:42