We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

st. john for 2nd trip or st. croix

2 posts
Save Topic
st. john for 2nd trip or st. croix

Trying to decide whether to go back to St. John or visit St. Croix. Don't want to be disappointed. St. John was fabulous. but St.Croix might be too. Any suggestions?

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
5,898 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: st. john for 2nd trip or st. croix

What did you like (do) on STJ? I have been to many islands, including St Criox, and every time I come home and say "it wasn't St John". So I just booked another trip to St John for the end of April/early May. Been going to STJ for 20 years and haven't found anything to beat it. Even with all the growth, STJ is still our favorite.

Boston
Level Contributor
5,893 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: st. john for 2nd trip or st. croix

You are going to get very different answers to this question. There are those who love St John and those who love St Croix and what you will probably find is that many of those who love St Croix used to go to St John and perhaps St Thomas, but IMO they have changed so much that some of us have gone elsewhere. Some of the reasons I love St Croix is that you can stay on the beach which is difficult in St John, it is less touristy, it is less expensive and IMO, the food is the best of all the VI including, the BVI, hands down. It is much larger and I do not know of anything that you can do in STJ that you cannot do in STX except island hop. The people are lovely, particularly if you take time to engage them. I also think it is fair to say that many who go to St Croix regularly have been to St John, but I do not think the reverse is true, at least for a lot of them.

Since you have been to St John, I would encourage you to have a look at the STX forum - there is a ton of information and many really nice, helpful people. Have a look and see if you think it might be for you. The important thing is to find a place that suits you. I really does not matter what any of us think. I have been going to the VIs since the early 80s and think they offer a great vacation destination for everyone, but they are all different. The trick is finding the one that is right for you.

Good luck!

Edited: 27 February 2012, 01:33
3. Re: st. john for 2nd trip or st. croix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:17