We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

second time in may...excited but need....

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
288 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
second time in may...excited but need....

My good friend and I went last may and visited my cousin in st thomas. We stayed at her place which is cramped for 4 people (including her husband) but nice. After a couple days we stayed at maho on st john for a few days which i loved loved. St john is beautiful and so peaceful. We did cruz bay went to coral bay didnt go to all restaurants i wanted to but ill go this time. La tapas is amazing so ill go there again and i also enjoyed high tide right on the water by the ferry dock. We ended back on st thomas at my cousins friends house on mandahl bay which was awesome. In total it was 8 days...it wasnt enough. So this time we are going 11 days. How should we split our time? If you read this far haha...we wanna do bvi. Can we stay there? We arent rich...but...im going to try and save. We will do maho because i liked it and its cheap. We will also rent a car because taxis add up. And i know the islands now. Should we rent on st thomas and take on ferry? I know not all rent to go to st john. Id like any inexpensive villa suggestions that rent for less than a week. More than 200 a night is pushing it. Just something nicer than a cabin i guess. We are adventurous. Ill be 28. Im a male. My friend is female young 40s both active..also considering a dinghy rental in addition to one catamaran trip. Did daydreamer last may was awesome. Any other suggestions for second time friends Would be appreciated! Nate..sorry for rambling.

Ohio
Level Contributor
2,114 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: second time in may...excited but need....

Nate, you'll get a lot more responses if you post in the individual forums...ex: St. Thomas forum, St. John forum, etc.

It's hard to tell what exactly you're planning, but if you're asking if you can rent your vehicle on STT and bring it to STJ, the answer is yes. If you go to the STJ forum and search that topic, you'll find lots of opinions and information.

If you're looking for reasonable accomodations that are not a tent cabin at Maho, search that and you'll come up with a ton of suggestions as well.

I would think you might enjoy splitting your trip between STJ and Jost in the BVI. Here's a link to a campground there: http://www.ivanscampground.com/

Good luck with your planning!

Gorham, Maine
Level Contributor
643 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: second time in may...excited but need....

We stayed at Ivans Campground back in January 2011 and LOVED it, cute little clean rustic cabin for sleeping, bed was comfortable enough. But Location Location Location.....check it out

Boston
Level Contributor
6,457 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: second time in may...excited but need....

On Virgin Gorda you can also stay at Fischer's Cove which is not expensive and there are a couple of places on Cane Garden Bay in Torotla where you can stay relatively inexpensively. Look at Myetts or Mongoose and if that is too much look at Elm or Rhymers. Also, you can stay at the places mentioned without a car for at least a few days.

4. Re: second time in may...excited but need....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 January 2014, 07:18