We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St.thomas v.i and tortola

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Topic
St.thomas v.i and tortola

Hello all. I am going to see family for xmas this year..but I didnt want to stay in their house. Im doing a split vacation...4 days in St.thomas. .and the other in Tortola. I have family in both locations..its a surprise..my intermediate family knows of my going but not my family that is there. I am looking for nice hotels in both islands. Nothing to expensive..beautiful scenery...not far from sites and good food..any info I will greatly appreciate it..also any hotels that have good prices for suites bc I believe my parents are coming with..thanks again..happy travels!

St Thomas, VI
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
7,712 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

Where does your family on STT live? It would be convenient if you stayed close to them.

What's your definition of not too expensive?

Boston
Level Contributor
5,981 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

You should post on the main BVI forum and be more specific, how long are you staying, what is your budget and what type of accommodation are you looking for: how many rooms/beds, hotel or villa/apt., on the beach, etc.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,512 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

It would actually be better if you posted both on the St Thomas forum and the Tortola forum. But more details would be easier in both cases. I would imagine Tortola is busy around Christmas time and St Thomas certainly is. For the latter you need to reserve as soon as possible.

If you're looking for condo accommodation (pretty much the preference here), take a look on www.vrbo.com for condo rentals at Sapphire, Crystal Cove and Elysian. Sapphire Beach is gorgeous (Crystal Cove is also on the same beach) and all three of these are on the East end of the island and only a short hop to the main ferry terminal. Again, all these places are going to be pretty solidly booked for Christmas so you need to knuckle down to looking and booking quickly. Sounds like a wonderful adventure and a great family surprise!

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

Thank you very much..I will look into it.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

I am staying in stt from the 19th to the 23rd of december..my father goes regulary..but he usually stays with family. Me I am the opposite. I am not a fan into staying in my family's home while I am on vacation. I am looking for a 2 bedroom..it can have 1 bath or 2..not a biggy there..and it doesnt necessarily need a full kitchen..a kitchenette is fine. Needs a safe..clean rooms,ac nice staff and beautiful views. Not far from shopping and beaches. From the 23rd til the 28 I will be in Bvi. I will write on that forum..bc I have never been there and also have family there..my father said its more country and when he goes he stays in a hotel there..thank u for the response and whatever info u can provide I will look into..thanks again.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

Most of my family stay in Charlotte Amelie. I have some in Stx and some in Tortola. I was thinking that amd my father mentioned the Windward. I looked at some pics and read reviews and wasnt to keen on staying there. But I like the fact that its close to airport and shops. Any info u have on hotels around the downtown area would be great..thanks!

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
14,512 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

If you plan on staying in town on STT you couldn't do much better than the Crystal Palace:

http://www.crystalpalaceusvi.com/

However, Ronnie is also often booked up for Christmas so you may be out of luck.

New York City, New...
10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

Thank u very much...

9. Re: St.thomas v.i and tortola

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2014, 07:18