We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rum cake

Boston
Level Contributor
3,119 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
rum cake

where's the cheapest place to buy rum cake?

St Thomas, VI
Level Contributor
8,132 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rum cake

The price doesn't vary much, but on St Thomas, Caribana usually has the best prices on souvenirs. They have a store in town and in Havensight.

Bonaire
Destination Expert
for Bonaire
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: rum cake

There is also a good selection at the airport.

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: rum cake

This is the absolute BEST rum cake I have ever had. Made with Cruzan Rum - available in vanilla or chocolate and they ship. They are also very reasonable for the size of the cake. They ship Priority Mail. Here is their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/StCroixRumCakes

They don't list a phone number but you could inbox them on Facebook or drop them a line here: StCroixRumCakes@gmail.com

Edited: 29 September 2013, 18:19
St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: rum cake

Making my triple chocolate chip double fudge fresh banana chocolate brownies is on temporary hold while the next batch of bananas ripen on the palms, so next week I'll be making rum cake with Cruzan thanks to your suggestion!

Wheaton, Illinois
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,951 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: rum cake

Sounds good, STT! Having a rum weekend here. Made French Toast with RumChata yesterday. Used to make it with Cruzan Rum Cream but finally ran out and there's no more to be had around here. :(

Good luck with your rum cakes!

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,301 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: rum cake

STT - would you share your recipe? My hubby loves Tortuga Rum Cake (I think that's it. - yellow odd shaped box...) that we have found in Grand Cayman. He recently found it here at one of our local liquor stores, but it is so expensive (IMO) for the size. I would love to make my own for the holidays.

St Thomas
Destination Expert
for St. Thomas
Level Contributor
15,126 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: rum cake

bluewater, sent you a PM.

St. Thomas
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: rum cake

The bakery in Frenchtown -- behind Betsy's, in the traditional small house next to Twisted Cork makes and sells an awesome Rum Cake as well as manylocal favorite desserts.

9. Re: rum cake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 17:39
10. Re: rum cake

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2015, 06:17