We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Check your flights regularly!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,069 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Check your flights regularly!

Just a suggestion. Since we booked our flights to STT, they have changed our seat assignments 4 times. We checked today, online again, and they did it again.

Thank god it isn't the times, YET, but I can see that coming too.

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Check your flights regularly!

It is also not uncommon for your flight times to change. Especially if you purchased your tickets many months in advance of departure.

Mike in Tulsa

Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cruz Bay
Level Contributor
6,011 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Check your flights regularly!

I almost always book through Expedia and I automatically get an e-mail every time there is a change. I don't worry about it until we are down to the week before our trip unless there has been a huge time change for the flights where we might not make a connection. Usually the time changes are a minute or two. We've had seat assignments changed, even to where my hubby and I aren't sitting together on one leg of the flight, but we don't care as long as we get to STT!!!!!

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,650 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Check your flights regularly!

Its not as bad now that most all airlines are in expansion mode. When they were cutting service it sometimes meant elimination of the flight you were booked on and that usually lead to a huge change in flight times even involved overnite stays at hub airports.

Mike in Tulsa

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
193 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Check your flights regularly!

I booked PHL to STT on USAirways for a December flight the seats have already changed where my girlfriend and I aren't sitting together... we will see what the next two months brings gotta love it!!!!

Buffalo, New York
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
952 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Check your flights regularly!

We have had our flight change a few times along with our seat assignments. I usally do not mind, but after paying for the upgrade to the front for more leg room, I wasnt happy we were not sitting together, When I went in to change us back United wanted to charge me again. I called them and they fixed the issue.

I am suppose to get a email when the flights change bur United isnt on top of it because I never get one.

Bristol, Connecticut
Level Contributor
193 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Check your flights regularly!

I am using freq flier miles and found low first class availability and booked that, never flown first class before I am sure I will end up just fine but its a little unnerving to get split up when you book two seats

#firstclassproblems I guess I am a whiner

Woodinville...
Level Contributor
74 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Check your flights regularly!

We booked out flight to St. Thomas this past August. A couple weeks ago, Orbitz send me an email notifying me out some changes to our arrivals and departures. Any idea why the time changes occurred?

8. Re: Check your flights regularly!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2014, 05:18