We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Thomas Marriot Frenchmans Reef VS. St John Westin Resort

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
St Thomas Marriot Frenchmans Reef VS. St John Westin Resort

My husband and I are looking to travel in August to the USVI. From the reviews I have read and from travel agents suggestions it sounds like St John is probably more our style. We are looking for a romantice & relaxing trip with some adventure thrown in. We will likely visit different beaches, zip lining tour in St Thomas & a day trip to the BVI. We like that St JOhn is lest touristy and crowded but the lodging is more expensive. Please share thoughts on the two resorts. We are leaning towards The Westin St John but it would be stretching the budget more so than the Marriot Frenchmans Reef. Thanks!

Trunk Bay
Beaches, Bodies of Water, Reefs
Waterlemon Cay
Islands, Bodies of Water, Reefs
Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
Ohio
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: St Thomas Marriot Frenchmans Reef VS. St John Westin Resort

If you are leaning towards the Westin - my suggestion is to get on VRBO.com, stjohncondos.com, Redweek.com, etc. and rent one of their studios or 1 bedroom villas from an owner. You will save money this way, not have to pay the daily resort fee and have more space than just in a hotel room. The Westin is beautiful and is a great place for your first trip to the islands!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: St Thomas Marriot Frenchmans Reef VS. St John Westin Resort

Thank you!! Not too much available for our dates on those sites un a 1 bedroom or studio villa unfortunately....Thank you for the suggestion!

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,408 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: St Thomas Marriot Frenchmans Reef VS. St John Westin Resort

There's nothing crowded about August on either island. St John is 60% National Park and unless you are a "born here" local however it's all touristy. I like both places but when I am on a budget I prefer St T because St J is just a short boat ride away. Hotels aren't the only answer either, there are also some fairly priced beachfront condos that can be found on VRBO.

4. Re: St Thomas Marriot Frenchmans Reef VS. St John Westin Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 06:16