We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Sunday Brunch?

New York
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Topic
Best Sunday Brunch?

( I know you can't wait til I leave already...sorry about all the questions)

Where do you recommend for brunch with about 20+ people?

I can make a reservation if need be.

Would like something near water, good food, not crazy expensive, and live music.

We are staying on NE end of Island

April 1st

Thanks!

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Hi zekedancin,

Duggan's Reef has a good brunch, is near where you'll be, and is right on the water. To my knowledge, there's no live music on Sundays. It's good sized restaurant that would be able to accomodate a large party like yours.

Cultured Pelican is also nearby, not right on the water but with a spectacular Buck Island view. No music, but the brunch is really good.

I think Cheeseburgers in Paradise is doing a brunch now. I've never had it, but generally the food there is decent. It's not on the water, nor is there entertainment, but it's in your neighborhood, and it's likely to be inexpensive. If there are kids in your party they have a play area.

Downtown, you have RumRunners which is on the water and has steel pan music for brunch. Good food and would be able to accomodate that many people.

FYI - these are all ala carte brunches, not buffet. If you want a buffet brunch, I think Carambola does one. Probably it's pretty spendy.

You'd have to be crazy NOT to make reservations for that many people, especially during high season! To be honest, I'd make reservations for every meal you plan on eating out while you're here, even if your party size is much smaller. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I work in a restaurant, and it's sad and frustrating to turn people away because they didn't have a reservation. Most of the restaurants down here aren't real large and can only accomodate so many people. So for large parties, reservations are even more of a must!!

Hope this helps, and have a fab vacation!!

New York
Level Contributor
237 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

thank you! and i will make reservations!! :) i think we'll go with rumrunners?

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Good choice, zekedancin! Christiansted harbor is so pretty, and the food at RumRunners is very good, too. Enjoy!

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Good Morning to All,

Just wanted to clarify something. When we were down in STX in January we wnt to a Sunday "Bruch". However, it was not the same as what we are use to here in the North. It was actually, just breakfast ordered off the menu. When asked we were told this is how all the brunches are on the island. Is this true? It was truely a disappointment for my husband who expected the usual thing he is use to of a buffet w/ tons of food. Is this truely how "all" the brunches are?

Just curious....

Moe

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
338 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Hi Moe,

The brunch at the Buccaneer is a buffet with tons of food. Divi has a brunch during tourist season that was also buffet. H2O at Hibiscus was also a buffet, but it was very small.

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Hi there, Moe,

Yes, most brunches on island are ala carte brunches. Breakfast food doesn't hold up well on steamtables, and unless it moves at a very fast rate, it gets nasty very quickly. Nobody wants to eat rubbery eggs, limp bacon, dried out fish, or grey, overcooked roast beef. Most restaurants here aren't large enough to do that kind of volume, the exceptions being some of the hotels as mentioned by lyin in da sun. The dining rooms at the Buc and Divi are huge, and more importantly, so are the kitchens. It's unfortunate you were disappointed, but, well, these are the islands, and things are different here.... as I'm sure you found out during your stay!

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Thanks for the info, and points well taken.

That was the only very minute disappointment of our stay. Don't worry, we were over it in no time....:-) :-)

Moe

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Moe, you're a sport! I was worried I might come off as more cranky than I intended with that post, that happens sometimes on these boards. Thanks for the reply - I really do feel better! I'm glad you enjoyed your time here - come back soon!

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
950 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

Hi Moe,

Where did you go eat brunch? (just curious so we can tell people what kind of a meal to expect if they inquire about that particular place)

Paula

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best Sunday Brunch?

I was afraid somone would ask this....We stayed in Judith Fancy and it was near there. It looked like a short term hotel or maybe condos to own and rent type of place. It was on the water with a large green area between the restaurant and beach. I would not suggest it to anyone. The food was not the best. Never did get a cup of coffee I requested from the same waitress 4 times. No, the place was not crowded, but perhaps understaffed?

I read about it in the weekly paper. Breezes perhaps? Does that sound like the right area?

Sorry short term memory is frozen.

Moe