We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ATMs Available and Verizon

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
45 posts
15 reviews
Save Topic
ATMs Available and Verizon

Hi everybody - we're off to Carambola tomorrow morning. These boards have been wonderful to plan the trip ( unfortunately I found the 1600 pictures of the island yesterday and didn't get much work done - between the web cam at rum runners and trip advisor - it has not been a productive week :-)

A quick 11th hour question. Are there ATMs easily available, and where there IS coverage - I know it' spotty - Does Verizon have cell service.

Thanks for any info!

Jan from Philadelphia

Clifton, VA
Level Contributor
314 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ATMs Available and Verizon

There are plenty of ATMs available in both the Christiansted and Frederiksted areas. User fees are the same as stateside.....maybe $2 or $3.

Can't help with the Verizon coverage question.

Hope you have a great trip.....please let us know about it when you return!

Monte Rio...
Level Contributor
568 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ATMs Available and Verizon

As I recall, Verizon works here, but roaming charges apply.

St. Croix, VI
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ATMs Available and Verizon

I'm a liitle late but yhe major carriers on STX are AT%T and Sprint Hope you are enjoying the island

4. Re: ATMs Available and Verizon

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2010, 05:18