We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach near St Croix cruise ship port

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Beach near St Croix cruise ship port

Is there a beach near the STX cruise ship port within walking distance? Any chair or umbrella rentals there? Is it safe?

St. Croix
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach near St Croix cruise ship port

The cruise ships port in Frederiksted on the west end of St Croix. Fort Fredrik beach is right next to the port and when cruise ships are in there are chair and umbrella rentals available.

about 1 mile to the south of the port is Sand Castle beach, which has amewnities such as resturaunt, pool, and chair/umbrella rentals. you can purchase a day pass to include all of the amenities or purchase individually.

About 1 mile to the north is Rainbow beach and has amenities such as resturaunt/bar, vollyball, watersports, and chair/umbrella rentals.

Fort Frederik beach is the most convinent for walking. the other two can be walked but most prefer to take the shuttle to either of them. available at the dock for $6.00 PP round trip.

try this for a little more information

www.stcroix-beaches.com/West-End-Beaches.html

New Britain...
Level Contributor
886 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach near St Croix cruise ship port

Just be aware that the restaurant at Sand Castles is no open evrey day. Rainbow beach bar is less expensive. On the way to Rainbow you will pass Coconuts, my favorite beach bar. They are open for lunch every day and the beach is not bad.

St. Croix
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach near St Croix cruise ship port

while bass man is correct that the resturaunt at sand castles is not open every day, when there is a ship in port, they are open.

Coconuts is just top the south of fort frederik beach that i mentioned above.

Also i failed to answer your safety question in my previous response. The beaches and the island in general are considered safe. esspecialy when there is a ship in port. Obviously, dont leave valuables just sitting around, but i wouldnt suggest doing that anywhere in the world. The people that find trouble and danger are the ones that go looking for it.

Salem, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach near St Croix cruise ship port

Thanks, everyone, for the info. We are getting excited about our trip!

5. Re: Beach near St Croix cruise ship port

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2010, 05:18