We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

We are going to be in St Croix for a day in May. We would like some help. We want to go to a beach close to where the ships dock that is nice and has restaurants and bars. We will be with our kids, and all are over 21. They will want a beach with a little more going on. I have been looking and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

Rainbow Beach is within walking distance and has a good beach bar. Coconuts is a little closer but the beach isn't quite as nice. Both may have some form of entertainment while the ship is in.

West Chester, PA
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
618 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

I vote for Rainbow Beach, just about a mile or two from the cruise ship pier. Lots of fun, beach bar, great music and usually a semi - serious beach volleyball game going on. Stop by the beach in the morning for a relaxing time, get a taxi and head up into the RainForest (10 minute ride) for lunch at Norma's Domino Club, home of the famous beer drinking pigs (no lie) and make sure and sample some of Norma's homemade MammaWanna rum drink. Then head back to Rainbow for the late afternoon music and sunset.

Have a great trip.

New Britain...
Level Contributor
932 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

Gecko Tours, office across from the pier, runs there ATV tours from Rainbow beach and I think they now have jet skis there too.

St. Croix
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

I agree with Rainbow beach, although I wouldn't consider it walking distance unless you like walking over a mile with all your beach stuff. The walk back to the ship would also stink after a day in the sun and having some drinks. Take a cab.

If you don't mind a cab ride, you should consider Cane Bay. Best place to spend the day on the island. Great beach, great snorkeling, 3 beach bars, live music and an awesome setting. stcroixtourism.com/beaches/cane_bay_beach.htm

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
94 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

Thanks for the information. It looks like both will be what we are looking for. How long by cab does it take to get to Cane Beach?

St. Croix
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

Probably a 25 minute cab ride, but you will enjoy seeing part of the island. You could also have the driver take you through the rain forest on the way to Cane Bay. It might take a little longer but would be worth it. stcroixtourism.com/st_croix_pictures/mahogan…

stcroixtourism.com/montpellier-domino-club-s…

7. Re: In St Croix from a Cruise ship in May for a day

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2011, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix