We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Liquor Prices in St Croix

Grand Rapids, Mi
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Liquor Prices in St Croix

We will be arriving in St Croix on the 17th of March, 2011. Is it worth it to bring liquor or buy there? What are some of the prices on liquor (gin, vodka, beer)

Thanks so much in advance.

Mentioned in this post
St. Croix
St. Croix
U.S. Virgin Islands
Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

Everyone buys liquor here to take back. It's about 75% less on STX. Last time I bought Cruzan Run in Memphis it was $12.00 a liter. It's less than $4.00 on island. Pretty much the same for all brands.

Edited: 06 March 2011, 21:21
New Britain...
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

Hey Pilotboy, check your labels. If you paid $4/ L you bought Buck Island rum. Cruzan is $7-8/L on STX. I always bring back 12 bottles and pay about $120 total. I like Gordons gin Vodka, <$10/L. Mt Gay rum=$10/L, 1 bottle of scoch=$16-18/L, Jack Daniels=$15/L

These prices are less than half of CT prices. Bringing booze to the islands is like bringing ice to the noth pole.

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

Bassman, haven't bought any rum in a long time. A real long time apparently. Just haven't paid attention to prices.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,202 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

Could not agree more - buy it on the island! If you get a chance visit the rum factory and get some samples :-)

Edited: 07 March 2011, 16:13
Grand Rapids, Mi
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

Thanks so much! Can't wait to get to the island and be on island time!

Thanks again!

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

good info....best place to buy? kmart?

New Britain...
Level Contributor
938 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

best place to buy? kmart?

Not really. Their selection is limited and not really the lowest prices on many brands/types of liquer. I've found Plaza Extra to have the best selection and lowest prices on the most items. I did check out the new Stop and Shop on the wst end. They might be a challenge for Plaza Extra. I didn't have enough time at S&S to digest the prices.

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

thanks much Bassman....now, i know i am off forum topic, but noticing your "handle" (an old fart that remembers CB's before all this facebook and twitter :-) stuff)where is best place to get fresh fish? we hope to grill and cook at condo most of the time we are there

PS...have a son getting his PhD at UConn and i grew up in RI

Edited: 09 March 2011, 02:32
Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

Funny how one interprets names. I read it as bass man, as in a musician! Anyway, are liquors like Baileys and Kahlua expensive on STX? My wife insists on only drinking those (along with vodka), but I'm very content with rum or beer.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,195 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Liquor Prices in St Croix

Do not buy at rum factory. Their prices are high. K-Mart and Cost U Less are about the lowest.