We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

amenities on st.croix

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
amenities on st.croix

I am moving to St.Croix in a few months and am wondering what kind of ameniites are down there? what i mean by this is major business chains. Is there a walmart or kmart, big grocery stores, stores for buying furniture/clothes/shoes? Is there taco bells,mcdonalds,burger kings? Any shopping malls?just trying to make move is easy as possible.

Camp Hill...
Level Contributor
146 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: amenities on st.croix

You will probably find all the information you need on one of the moving sites. http://www.vimovingcenter.com/ helped us with these sorts of questions.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,106 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: amenities on st.croix

K-Mart. Supermarkets: Cost U Less, Plaza Extra and Pueblo. Small furniture stores. No taco bell but tacos at Miriam's are better. We have MacDonald's, KFC, Wendy's, and I Hop. No shopping malls; just some small stores.

New Britain...
Level Contributor
897 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: amenities on st.croix

No shopping malls? What are Sunny Isle and Sunshine Mall then?

Davidsonville, MD
Level Contributor
192 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: amenities on st.croix

Just a collection of small stores. Very similar to what we call a strip center on the mainland. Crabgroupie is 100% accurate and visiting http://www.vimovingcenter.com/ is a great idea.

At the risk of being nosey - are you moving down for retirement or employment? Either way, I am sure there are quite a few jealous folks who would love to trade places with you.

New Britain...
Level Contributor
897 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: amenities on st.croix

If you go inside the Sunshine mall you'll find a FootLocker and a McDonalds. If that's not a Mall what is?

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,316 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: amenities on st.croix

I hear you Bassman. It was two years ago, but I recall going to the McDonalds in the Sunshine mall to get a MCDLT. Don't like fast food much but loved that sandwich. Hope the mall is still there.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: amenities on st.croix

my wife and i are in our late 20's and are moving down. hopefully for good.gonna throw 1 years rent down and either find a job or start a business.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: amenities on st.croix

Trying to get out of Chicago. Been all over the Caribbean from small island to big ones, Some americanized some not. Been to St.Thomas but I hear ST.Croix is way better.

Edited: 04 January 2012, 23:11
Boston
Level Contributor
6,352 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: amenities on st.croix

Better is subjective, but most of the regulars on this forum would probably wholeheartedly agree with that! To me STX is what STT was about 25 years ago but with much better food. It is much bigger and not as touristy. Good luck with the move!

10. Re: amenities on st.croix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 January 2013, 10:19