We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Divi or Renaissance Carambola?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
17 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Divi or Renaissance Carambola?

Hi, I may visit in Dec with my 23 and 21 y.o. kids. Which hotel is better for this age for nightlife?

Which has a better beach?

Thanks!

Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,136 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Divi or Renaissance Carambola?

Carambola has the better beach and several beach bars not too far away providing you will have a car. It is quite isolated if you are without a car. EAT at Cane Bay, Sprat Net beach bar and Off the Wall all have entertainment some nights. Divi is at the other (EAST) end of the island. It too is isolated if you don't have a car. With a car the kids would have access to several small restaurants/bars with entertainment as well as everything in Christiansted.

St. Croix
Level Contributor
299 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Divi or Renaissance Carambola?

I think Renaissance would be best. With a car, and I highly recommend one no matter where you stay, you can get to Cane Bay where there are 3 beach bars with music. Two minutes from there you will find Above the Cliff, which also has music some nights. Between the beach at the resort and Cane Bay Beach you have two of the nicest beaches on the island!

Greenville, South...
Level Contributor
332 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Divi or Renaissance Carambola?

Renaissance by far is the better choice. Beautiful, secluded location. Snorkeling at Cane Bay is wonderful. Eat @ Cane Bay is great, as well as Rowdy Joe's, just a bit futher down the road. Be sure to rent a car and explore the entire island.

4. Re: Divi or Renaissance Carambola?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2013, 10:22