We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Moco Jumbie show?

New Britain...
Level Contributor
932 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Which Moco Jumbie show?

We're bringing newbies in May and want to take them to the Jumbies. We have been to the Pirates buffet at Carambola but never to the buffet at Hotel on the Cay. I was wondering which one was the best bang for the buck?

Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

thanks for your post! I had never heard of the Jumbies and now I'm looking forward to maybe seeing some. How can I find out when and where some would be?

South Bend, Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

There is a Moco Jumbies at The Palms also "hover" over Caribbean Night on the Event Calendar http://www.gotostcroix.com/calendar/

Annandale, Virginia
Level Contributor
305 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

I love the calendar!! thanks so much for the link! now to plan what to do.

South Bend, Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,607 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

So many things so little time :) The main thing you should start planning is your NEXT trip to St. Croix :) Enjoy Momliz

Boston
Level Contributor
6,616 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

I have never been to the one at Carambola, but the one at HOTC has Mocko Jumbies, a fire walker and a limbo contest. The BBQ is ok and a lot of people go to it.

Momliz, you can see them at the shows listed and if there is a Jump Up when you are there.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,131 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

Divi has a buffet with mocko jumbies. I like the BBQ and show at Hotel on the Cay (Tuesdays).

New Britain...
Level Contributor
932 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

Thanks for the input.

Georgetown, Kentucky
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

The Jumbies are usually present at the Frederiksted pier when the cruise ships are in port. Thankfully, more cruise ships are coming into port and hope that continues.

I love the Jumbies, they are symbolic of the Virgin islands, (especially St. Croix), in my view.

On our last visit, on our way to the rain forest we were sidetracked by the festival at the pier for the cruise ship passengers. There were also many locals there. It was a very fun and festive atmosphere. Lots of handmade crafts and music etc. We stayed most of the day.

The Mocko Jumbies came out and everyones eyes lit up, It was especially fun to watch the small children's reactions and interactions with the Jumbies. Priceless!

I did not know then, but when you hold hands with a Jumbie it is custom to tip them at that time. But that is up to each individual of course.

I noticed there is a Jump up scheduled for May 4 this year. Hopefully, that date coincides with your holiday time.

New Britain...
Level Contributor
932 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

Thanks Kat.

We've been to several Jump-Ups in the past. We are timing this trip for the Sunset Jazz in F'sted. We're trying to plan things for our newbie friends so that they'll be hooked on STX too.

10. Re: Which Moco Jumbie show?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 May 2013, 10:27
Get answers to your questions about St. Croix