We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cape air flight

North Haven...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
cape air flight

Flying JFK to San juan on jet blue in June and connecting to St Croix on Cape Air. Cape Air changed time to 15 min. after we land in San Juan. Called Cape Air and they said not to worry that the two gates are close and as long as the jet blue flight is on time we have nothing to worry about and she did note it that we have only 15 min. Has anyone flown cape air and will they hold the plane for us or should I worry

Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Reefs, Nature & Wildlife Areas, National Parks, Monuments & Statues
Boston
Level Contributor
6,665 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cape air flight

I don't think that is a legal connection by anyone's standard. I would ask to be put on a later flight.

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
951 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cape air flight

Not to worry you, but they didn't hold the flight for us when we went through St Thomas and on to St Croix. Our AA flight was getting in later than expected and we literally ran to get on the Cape Air flight with the attendants yelling,'' Hurry!" Our luggage didn't make it. BUT it came on the very next flight. We sat on a bench at the St Croix airport and enjoyed the breezes after being reassured that this happens with the luggage quite frequently.

If you can get on a later flight, I'd do that. You and your luggage will make it!

Paula

South Bend, Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cape air flight

I agree with Paula and Saffie that you should try for another Cape Air flight. We just came home on a Cape Air flight FROM St. Croix to San Juan and where we landed with Cape Air to our gate was more than a 15 minute walk. Cape Air boards from the tarmack so it is a little further away from the big plans ... Also ... I don't think our pilot would have held the plane for her own mother had she been crawling to the plane. ... the rest of the people we dealt with at Cape Air were charming and helpful ... good luck

Grand Haven...
Destination Expert
for Grand Haven, Michigan
Level Contributor
989 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cape air flight

We didn't have a time issue with Cape Air but I have to say it was by far one of the best flying experiences I've had. Our pilot was friendly and polite and made the short trip a memorable flight. I hope you have a similar experience.

Broomfield, Colorado
Level Contributor
102 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cape air flight

I think you're cutting it too close. In December our Son-in-law had 20 minutes to catch his Cape Air flight and missed it. Since it was the last flight of the day he had to spend the night in San Juan. 15 minutes is fraught with risk - so if you decide to stick with that schedule than be prepared with a back up plan if you miss the flight.

maryland
Destination Expert
for Baltimore
Level Contributor
2,173 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cape air flight

After flying through San Juan many times i have to agree ....try to get a later flight on Cape Air. No need to worry aboout missing a flight if you can change ahead of time.

North Haven...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cape air flight

Thanks for all your replys. I have to say that jet blue and cape air has changed my flight a total of 5 times. Its our first time to St Croix and I wanted to get in when its still light out so i would have my rental car in the light. I even switched airports to get in early.Its just fustrating that the airlines are making it hard for us to get to the island. We searched all the islands for our trip and were very happy picking St Croix but now we are second guessing our choose.

CT
Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cape air flight

How did they notify you? I am wondering because I fly Jet Blue and Cape Air in 2 weeks. I hope this doesn't happen to me.

North Haven...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cape air flight

mainys I imd you

South Bend, Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,616 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: cape air flight

The reason we ended up using Cape Air in the first place was that we couldn't get a 1 stop flight out of St. Croix ... a lot of the connections were STX to SJU or Miami and THEN to Pittsburg or Newark and finally to O'Hare ... we left St. Croix an hour earlier than we were supposed to because "we were there and they had a flight leaving". I think the Cape Air flights leave fairly often so maybe if you "miss" your flight due to the 15 min. connection there will be another one leaving. Maybe some of the regular Cape Air fliers can help with this thought.

Get answers to your questions about St. Croix