We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

American changed our flight - do we have enough time?

buffett1fan
Level Contributor
13 posts
1 review
Save Topic
American changed our flight - do we have enough time?

Help! We're traveling in August and American changed our flights so we leave STX at 9:10am and arrive at SJU at 9:55am. Our Airtran flight leaves SJU at 10:35am which is only 40 minutes! Will we have enough time to make it or do I need to change my Airtran flights and pay the change fees now?

Thanks!

st. croix USVI
Level Contributor
428 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: American changed our flight - do we have enough time?

We have the "airport walk/run" thing down pretty good, so we wouldn't. However, we don't check bags either. We're pretty cheap so if we missed our Airtran flight, we probably opt to go standby on the latest Airtran flight out and spend the day in OSJ. Worse case, spend the night and and enjoy hangin' in OSJ.

However, if you're on a tight schedule and don't want to take any chances, then it would come down to dollars.

Also, I'm not sure but I think both operate out of terminal C, which would be fine IF that is the case.

Edited: 07 June 2012, 16:32
South Bend, Indiana
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
1,500 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: American changed our flight - do we have enough time?

We also have learned to "hustle" through airports ... we can even sometimes beat the "people movers" but I agree with rcarp that if both operate out of terminal C you should be good to go ... we came into SJU from STX in March on Cape Air and had very little time between flights and had a fairly long trek through the airport but we made it before they started boarding ... personally even though I hate long waits I also hate having to race to get there. Good luck and "go like the wind"

Tulsa, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
1,649 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: American changed our flight - do we have enough time?

You should be fine SJU is not very big nor busy any more so you won't be fighting any crowds.

Its plenty of time.

Mike in Tulsa

Boston
Level Contributor
5,893 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: American changed our flight - do we have enough time?

You are fine as long as your first flight is on time. If you AA flight is late and you have two separate tickets, then I am not sure what will happen. I would call AirTran and find out. This is the reason that it makes sense to book everything on one ticket if possible. I would also advise you to take enough in your carry on if you have checked luggage if your luggage does not make the connection (which is not uncommon in SJU).

5. Re: American changed our flight - do we have enough time?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 23:42