We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

white in winter

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
white in winter

Good Morning,

Here is a totally mindless question. Not as heavy as the conversations have been on this forum lately.

Is white worn after Labor Day in the Caribbean? Whether it is linen, denim or cotton?

My mother would roll in her grave if she thought that I was even thinking of this....Old country and all that...

Counting down, less than 1 month until we arrive.

Thanks,

St Croix
Level Contributor
224 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: white in winter

We wear white year round here--what we don't ofter wear is panty hose!

Groves, Texas
Level Contributor
950 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: white in winter

Hi Moe,

I know where you're coming from-- my mother was just like that. But you'll find out when you step out of the plane it's SUMMER!!!! YEA!! :) It absolutely doesn't matter if it's after Labor Day or not-- white is worn. Casual is in. Have a great time!

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: white in winter

stxresident is right about the panty hose. I never wear them.

St. Croix
Destination Expert
for St. Croix
Level Contributor
2,039 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: white in winter

Shorts, shirts, pair of slacks, and bathing suit are all you need. If you feel you HAVE to dress up, bring a simple sundress. White is fine. It's always summer here.

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: white in winter

YEAAAAAA no panty hose!!!! A little different here in Chi-town in the winter.. Thanks to all of you...Really looking forward to getting away.

6. Re: white in winter

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 18:16