We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Topic
Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

We are looking for a villa and interested in the Sugar Mill Villa in Judith's Fancy. Can anyone tell me more about the villa and also info on local beaches and limo service on the island? Thanks in advance! Be there soon!! :)

Buck Island Reef National Monument
Islands, Monuments & Statues, National Parks, Nature & Wildlife Areas, Reefs
Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Well no one has posted to this so we went ahead and rented the sugar mill villa for july. Does anyone have any info on this villa or has seen it?? If it is nice or in a good locale... The owners seemed very nice and helpful to our request and needs. Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Frederiksted, St...
Level Contributor
694 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

STXDreaming, most of us who live here are really not up on the various villas for rent. We never stay in them. Plus, someone who have a house down here may decide to try to rent it this year. Gives the house a name, gets a web page and bingo, in the villa rental business. All you can do is try it and see.

Where is Judith's Fancy? Click on Maps at the top of the page, then map of St. Criox. Look at grid square B-10. Thats it. Pretty central location. About 1/2 way to each end of the islands. In my opinion, others will differ, it is a whloe lot better than the "east end" locations. Maybe that is because I live on the West End.

WV
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Judith's Fancy is an excellent location. I have never been in the villa but I like the looks of the outside. There are many beaches to choose from. Judith's Fancy has a beach. The west end beaches are good for calm flat water many have a bar/restaurant close.

Cane Bay is very good & the diving is GREAT plus 2 beach bars. The east end & south shore also have many beaches.

Do you mean service at restaurants?

I don't know about limos we rent a car.

Jim W

Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Thanks for your reply. Yeah, Pilot Boy, we're going to give it a try, it looks nice. I liked the fact it was centraly located. She said there was a grocery store near. I saw where you said groceries was delivered on Tuesday. We are coming in on a Sunday so we manage I am sure til Tues.

I found a fairly good list of resturants and looking forward to trying Kendricks, Baccus, the Brew pub, Chicken Charlies, Savant and Rumrunners( for the Painkillers I hear they are a must). Just too many wonderful sounding places to eat so little time. :(

I also found a listing for beaches but will defer to the forums advise on which are best for what we want to do.

JimW, I only ask about the limo because although we have jeeps rented we may want to go out and drink and prefer not to drink and drive. That would not be good with us not used to driving on the left!!! lol. Thanks again! Have a sunny one! :)

Moe
Level Contributor
138 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Hi StCroixDreaming,

We just returned from STX. We stayed at the Breakers in Judith Fancy. It was beautiful. It's a gated community and we felt secure. We left the doors and windows open all day, even when we were at the beach. Never had a problem. Locked the doors at night and eventually (about 3:00 a.m.) ended up closing the windows because of the storms. The beaches are rocky, bring your water shoes.

There has been alot of talk on this forum about grocery stores. We tried just about all of them. When we first arrived we went to Plaza Extra. Not knowing what was at the villa already we got the essentials. Breakfst stuff and drinks. We also tried Pueblo, not too far from Judith Fancy. Not too much on the shelf. I thought the best variety was Schooner Bay Market, which is apparently running under the original owner now. Princess Seafood was closed all but the last day of our visit, but I hear this is the place for fresh fish...when they are open. So if you'r into fish and see it's open stop in. You'll pass Pueblo and Princess Seafood on your way into C'sted.

Have a great time....I'm sure it's not as cold in Texas as it is here in Chi-town but it's alway great to get away.

Moe

Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Moe, thanks for the info. We also saw the Breakers. It looked very nice.It was actually between that one and Sugar Mill. We went with Sugar Mill for the extras they offered.

I will probably check into Schooner bay market and plaza extra when we get there. Thanks for the tip on fish. I was trying to find a good fresh fish market. It is good to hear Princess was close by. Hope it is open more while we are there. I also heard there was a farmers market style somewhere that will have fish and fresh local fruits. Any one know the details of that? Have a great day! :)

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

We stayed at the Sugar Mill Villa in Judith's Fancy a couple years ago. First I'll say the Sugar Mill itself was absolutely beautiful! We loved it! The only problem is the owner lives directly underneath the actual Sugar Mill and she was at the Villa every day with some excuse or another. It drove us absoutely crazy. They had two big dogs that were always there too...not that we minded the dogs because we are animal people. The pictures on their web site make one believe it's very private. It's NOT! We thought we'd have the pool all to ourselves to be able to swim au natural. Not with Catherine there all the time. If it hadn't been for that, the vacation would have been wonderful! And I think Catherine also owns the only limo service on the island too. If you're looking for a romantic get-away for two, the Sugar Mill is NOT the place to go! Good luck!

St Croix
Level Contributor
234 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Catherine and her husband and dogs live on the property; I wouldn't think it is very private at all.

Texas
Level Contributor
50 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

Thank you, felinefancier, you have been very helpful and nice to chat with. We have gathered that it is not that private but we are going with our 17yo daughter and another couple and their son so going au natural at the pool is out of the question. :(

I will post a report upon return as to the situation at the sugar mill. It does look beautful and I am sure we will have a wonderful time.

Thanks, Stxresident for letting us know they still live on the property. Dogs won't bother us and as for her talking, I fairly sure our crew can hold their on and as I told you feline, Cruzan Rum will cure alot of things. LOL! Hopefully, a talkative villa owner is one of them!

10. Re: Sugar Mill Villa at Judith's Fancy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:16